The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. This is my first post, but I have visited the boards many times for advice, hints and just to browse around. Well, heres my question. I just put an Injen CAI in the car, and the difference is fantastic. The car just runs so much better all around. I love it. My next step is going to be changing the exhaust. What I really want to do is make my single exhaust into a double exhaust, boost performance, and give the car a nice sound. NOT a rice rocket sound (I absolutely hate that), but a nice sound that isnt too aggressive. I really need some suggestions on the best way to achieve this, as Im very new to all of this and im just getting started with modifting my Altima. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all! Vince

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
going dual muffler on a 2.5 will be pointless... I mean... it'll look nice (assuming you get a 3.5 bumper to accomodate the additional muffler) but you'll lose a whole lot of low end torque because the decrease in backpressure. I have a Mossy catback exhaust system and love it. But it's still too expensive for most...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Altim8Ga

So did you start the custom piping on your exhaust directly after the second cat? Or did you just start the larger piping after your new reasonator?

·
Not a throbbing member.
283 Posts
OEM pipe was cut about 3" prior to the resonator. All new pipe from that point back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts