The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im putting an Alpine Head Unit in my 2002 2.5s. It has an internal amp that is rated at 240 watts (60 watts times 4) My question is, will I hear an improvement in the sound quality if I leave in my stock speakers? I really dont want to spend the money and change them. Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
just a little heads up if u have one of the higer end cda seies(as do i) you will need a extra power wire straight to the battery w/ fuse inline...othere wise it will shut down at high volume...i think it probaly will improve the sound slightly for u ..but they are still stock speakers..although if u have bose..you may fair a little better then with the low end speakers.down the road i would get some aftermarket speakers...they are a good investment even if you get middle grade ones;)

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
unstoppablenick said:
just a little heads up if u have one of the higer end cda seies(as do i) you will need a extra power wire straight to the battery w/ fuse inline...othere wise it will shut down at high volume...i think it probaly will improve the sound slightly for u ..but they are still stock speakers..although if u have bose..you may fair a little better then with the low end speakers.down the road i would get some aftermarket speakers...they are a good investment even if you get middle grade ones;)
i invested in some new 6x9 and boy its a big difference from the factory.....alot clearer....

·
Registered
288 Posts
The speakers are the weakest link in any car audio system...so replacing them would yield the biggest benefit. However, just adding a new deck should improve the sound greatly. Especially if you get the Alpine with the V-drive internal amplifier (the ones that need separate power cables). Those head units have the best internal amp you can buy and it is comparable to a small external amp (the reason for the extra power cable). So it should make your speakers sound alot fuller and be able to go much louder before you go into clipping.

But you should replace your speakers eventually :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts