The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some problem with the guages I just hooked up and was wondering if anyone can help me??

I have the AutoMeter C2 Oil Pressure, Water temp, Air/Fuel, and Voltage Guages and I am having problems with the oil pressure and air/fuel guages.
The Oil Pressure guage does the system check but stays at 100 psi which is not right and it is connected to where the stock oil pressure sending unit is using the autometer sensor, I have the stock wireing crimp with the purple wire which I was told to do so that the ecu won't flash a check engine light but don't know if that is the problem??

My other problem is the air/fuel guage!!! I have it hook up to the O2 sensor wire but when I have if connected the light that bounces around does not come on but when it is disconnected I have the green light but not working.. The light is only on when the wire is diconnected don't know why??

I have a 93' altima and the guages are all electronical. Need help!!!!!!

·
ASE certified wiseass
431 Posts
Disconnect the stoick wire from the oil sender. The two circuits are not compatible.

Are you SURE you connected it to the o2 sensor? Those wires are usually sheilded. Any voltage around .1V should show a red LED on the gauge. 0.9v shows the green.

Randy

·
The Don.
6,151 Posts
I agree with RGAZ. The additional circuit(s) you are adding is probably loading down the main signal. On millivolt circuits this usually comes from inject electrical interference. And like he said, use shielded electrical wiring for the connections.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

Hey guys thanks for the info..
Just wondering if I disconnect the stock oil pressure wire for the autometer purple wire will it give me a check engine light or function without triping the ecu.

And as for the air/fuel guage how close to the O2 sensor do I have to be?? Right now it is just past the headers and how do you recommend I splice it into the O2 wire.??? I just don't want to F*** anything up by accidenly cutting through the wire.
A nothing thing, I was just wondering if the Guage of the wire make a difference because I had to use some extra wire to reach the O2 sensor wire, not sure on size but it is a little bit bigger than the autometer wire.

·
1,484 Posts
For the air/fuel, just use the connector that the O2 sensor already has on it, and just hook your wire in with that connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts