The Nissan Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about 3 months I have been trying to get my Sr started and haven't been successful. I will give some insight on the car. I inherited the car about 4 years ago from a family member, it was running when I got it and after putting it away for its first winter, the car didn't want to start. What I have done is changed the battery, did an oil change, replaced the Standalone ECU, and sprayed the inside of the throttle body. Everything listed was in order. When I changed the battery, the instrument lights appeared (obviously) then i tried to start the car and it was stuttering to start, so I did an oil change. After doing the oil change the car still didn't want to start and I also didn't hear the fuel pump prime, so I switched the relay to see if that was the problem and still no luck. So instead of buying a new fuel pump I wanted to see if the ECU was possibly dead, So I got a friend of mine to bring an brand new ECU (same standalone as before, Power FC) to see if the car responded any differently, luckily it did and the fuel pump started priming. So I attempted to start the car again, but unfortunately no luck, the car did turn on and then stalled right away. After that I sprayed some throttle body spray in the throttle body to see if that would help, and still nothing. my question is what could be wrong with my Sr if it starts and then stalls right away. Any help is appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.