The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
sittin on chrome....
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off my catalytic converter cause it was clogged all to hell. This changed the sound, from quite to very loud at about 2500rpm to 2900rpm.

Then I put a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler on for a deep sound, which it did. Now that loud noise from taking off the catalytic converter is driving me nuts.

So, what can I put in place of the catalytic converter that is cheaper? Can I put like a glass pack on the pipe before the muffler or something?

I don't want to change the muffler though, I want to get that loud noise out the cheapest. So can anyone please help? Will my theory work? Thanks

·
Registered
969 Posts
uhhh...

when u say u took out your cat... did u pipe from where the cat was to the muffler? i'd hope so, cause your muffler isn't doing ANYTHING if u didn't!!! :p

if not: running the car w/o the cat is pointless, and loud... so get a high flow cat, like random tec (i think that's the name) or get a new cat from your local muffler shop... this will quite the car down!!

·
sittin on chrome....
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i put a pipe where the cat was, but i don't want to spend the money for a cat, there to damn expensive. can i use a glass pack or cherry bomb? i just want something cheaper. i took the cat out cause it was clogged up really bad, so much the car felt really weak.

·
Registered
969 Posts
cherry bombs and glass packs are used to make the car louder..

their original use was to be used at the end of straight pipes, as a mini muffler...

so using them instead of a cat, i really don't think will do jack... save up the dough and get a cat... plus, you'll never pass your smog check come inspection time w/no cat...

·
Registered
10 Posts
:cool:

Get a high flow cat from Summit (or Jegs), it'll bring down the volume. If you have to pass the sniff test, it's better to get a cat on now, 'cause it isn't to easy to "buy" a sticker anymore...

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
i dont know which glasspacks you've seen the but the ones ive seen, and the ones my friends use, are resonated. my friend had a 2.25" mandrel bent pipe setup with a glasspack installed where the cat was and an ultra flo muffler. it was the best exhaust setup ive ever seen. just go to your auto parts store and look inside the glass pack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts