The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea if I should do a resantor delete or a cat delete? I have aftermarket mufflers but I want a nice tone but not really loud. I don't know what I should do??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello I have a 2002 Nissan Altima with VQ35DE 3.5 SE and I put aftermarket muffler on and I notice that I have no sound. I don't know what to do a resantor delete or cat delete? I'm looking for a nice tone. Some help would be nice. Thanks.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Cat delete = more power. Resonator delete = more rasp. IMHO.

·
6,365 Posts
Which mufflers did you put on?

·
6,365 Posts
I put some thrush turbo muffler on it. I want some sound. If I remove the cat and leave the resantor alone well I get some sound?
If you're seeking that annoying 'blatttt-bllllaaaatttt' sound, then lose the resonator.

If you can find a used Vibrant stainless cat-back system for your car, you'll really like it. Vibrant's mini-resonator (a small bump out in the straight pipe) had minimal flow impact and an impressively low resonant burble at idle, peak 'noise' was at around 3K RPM or while under heavy load, no rasping. My favourite was how it sounded during start up. That said, I really don't miss all those Honda's chasing my ass all the time...and wouldn't do it again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put some thrush turbo muffler on it. I want some sound. If I remove the cat and leave the resantor alone well I get some sound?
If you're seeking that annoying 'blatttt-bllllaaaatttt' sound, then lose the resonator.

If you can find a used Vibrant stainless cat-back system for your car, you'll really like it. Vibrant's mini-resonator (a small bump out in the straight pipe) had minimal flow impact and an impressively low resonant burble at idle, peak 'noise' was at around 3K RPM or while under heavy load, no rasping. My favourite was how it sounded during start up. That said, I really don't miss all those Honda's chasing my ass all the time...and wouldn't do it again.
Okay what if I lose the cat and keep the resantor well I get any sound out of the muffler? And if I put a cherry bomb as a resantor well I get that raspy sound still?

·
6,365 Posts
No idea...but sounds like a fun experiment, at least you'll get your noise.

·
6,365 Posts
Have a read through this thread...before you go cuttin'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts