The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an MTX 6500D amp, and installed it and the light on the amp is on, but the subs dont work, i hooked up the RCA's and the turn on wire is spliced into the 12 volt outlet thing on the dash, is that a problem? but yeah im not sure whats wrong with it, i mean the amp is on but nothing comes out and i checked the headunit which is an alpine btw and the subs were turned on and i adjusted all that but nothing seems to work. any help would be greatly appreciated. oh and the subs are brand new.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
are you sure your subs work, other then that if your amp is on and rca's are hooked up behind the deck and the amp then it could be your amp that is out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
is the gain on your amp set to 0? that would cause no sound.

Also check your sub connections inside the box if you didn't put them in yourself...could be that one or more of the leads fell off the speakers.

Oh, and if you have a digital multimeter you could check all the terminals on the amps output to see if anything's even coming out...maybe your output stage went bad...which would suck.

Also, subs have been known to come defective/broken straight from the factory so just because they're brand new I don't think you should discount them as the source unless you've hooked them up to another amp and seen them work.

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh alright, thanks guys, and i also did hook up some other subs to the amp and nothing came on, i really hope the amp isnt out. is there a fuse in the amp that could go out? and i messed with the gain.

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh so i need to connect the RCA's to output rear and not SubW thing? its an alpine 7892 btw

1 - 8 of 8 Posts