The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new clutch cause i burnt mine, I was thinkin about gettign a peformance clutch just for the hell of it, and suggestions?

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
ive noticed it seems a lot of 98/99 altimas burn out clutches quickly. mine slipped the other day (it was REALLY cold out too) and decided to take it to the dealer so i could get my clutch pedal adjusted (it was out of spec anyway). well, they told me (after charging me 30 bucks) that "the clutch has no adjustment, youre throwout bearing and your clutch plate are gone". they also said i never need to change my tranny fluid (WHAT???)
i adjusted my clutch pedal (a little...not enough, its too cramped in there...i cant fit my fat hands in there to do any work!) and its not slipping anymore...and the TO bearing isnt making any noise...so i think im good to go, hopefully. i have like 57K on my car...the clutch should not be dead! any thoughts...?

Monki

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
throw it in fifth at an idle and let the clutch out slowly, if it dies, dont worry about it, if it continues to run... get out the check book. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts