The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've come to the conclusion that my wipers suck... anyone have any recommendations on some good ones?

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the suggestions... i'm gonna get me a set this week

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
I Use Bosch Micro's with Audi A4 wiper arms (built in spoiler to keep the blade on the glass at high speeds).

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
PT said:
I Use Bosch Micro's with Audi A4 wiper arms (built in spoiler to keep the blade on the glass at high speeds).
Was that hard?

I use Bosches. I have the either the most expensive ones or the 2nd most expensiv ones. The drivers side one is a little crappy now, but the passenger one works like the day I bought.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Why is it that the driver side one is always the first to go, thats pisses me off!!
-Smacko

·
14,455 Posts
PT said:
Yeah, post up some directions on exactly what ya got/did.

And yes, since i started using bosch microedge, i won't ever go to another blade. They kick ass!

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah post those.. i need better wipers...!

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Funny... I did this Wiper-Arm Conversion a long time ago, and everybody posted about how their arms didn't lift off the glass at high speeds and how I was just wasting money. :D

Anyways... Depending on what you want to accomplish, you're gonna need 1 or 2 A4 Driver-Side Wiper Arms. For some reason, the Audis only have the spoiler on the Driver-Side arm, and not the passenger side. Don't try to get cute and get an A6 Driver-Side arm, this won't work 'cause it's too long and if you put it on the Driver side, it will hit the Passenger side arm, and if you put it on the Passenger-Side, it will be longer than the edge of the glass (I tried to get cute).

Keep the little plastic retaining clip from the stock arm that allows it to pivot on the control arm (you're going to need this later).

When you buy the Arm from an Audi dealership, take the corresponding little plastic retaining clip out, and replace it with the stock piece. The Audi uses a different clip on the arm. It's very very simple. Once you take a look at it, you'll wonder why I had to type so much. :D

Have fun, and enjoy your future high-speed motoring with functional wiper blades!! :D

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PT said:

Have fun, and enjoy your future high-speed motoring with functional wiper blades!! :D

btw, how much did this upgrade cost you??

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
I don't remember exactly (Like I said, I did this a looong time ago), but I'm pretty sure it wasn't more than 50 bucks (I did both sides)... and the A4 arms come with Bosch's already.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PT said:
I don't remember exactly (Like I said, I did this a looong time ago), but I'm pretty sure it wasn't more than 50 bucks (I did both sides)... and the A4 arms come with Bosch's already.

and i shouldn't be concerned with the model year of the A4 when i head over to the Audi dealer right?

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
I just said '98. Right in the middle of the production cycle. :D

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cool deal... i'll be hitting up the audi dealer on miramar road soon since it's just that close...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts