The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got some newly planted shrubs up against my house. i pretty made a bed by putting landscape timber 4 feet or so from the house. i filled it in with dirt, and put mulch on top of that. the deal is, when we got a lot of rain, the timber got warped :( so i was wondering if any of you guys had some ideas for a bed border? i don't really have much to spend on this, or else i would have gone all out and bought brick/cement.
thanks

·
Long-term troll
282 Posts
I did the same box-thing a year ago with landscaping timbers. They're pressure treated and are about 3" x 4" x 8'. I don't know why yours warped.

I nailed mine together with these 6-8" long nails, maybe that made the difference?

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
it's not so much a "garden", but it's kinda got the effect. i planted some bushes to create a squared box shape effect against the house. kinda like this:

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
didn't think about

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
greensoup2 said:
Isn't retaining all that water next to the foundation going to eventually cause damage.

At least it does on Cali foundations.
You should have a perf. drain pipe that runs over your found. footing, it usually leads out 20 or so feet away from your foundation.

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
def35 said:
Sounds like he used untreated lumber instead of p.t.
i do believe it was untreated :( a good example of "you get what you pay for"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts