The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired MòDÉrâTòR
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Alty has really started to piss me off as of late and a random trip to the local Honda (ya I know) dealer got my brain working. There sat a Red 2000 Civic HB (manual). They want 12,000 for it and it only has 14,000 miles. I am looking for peoples oppinions in this car for potential upgradeability and drawbacks. Please keep the Honda bashing out. If you don't have a constructive comment don't respond.

PS: I personal dislike Civic 2 and 4 doors but I do like the HB.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
For $12,000 you should be able to pick up say a 98 scooby RS in good condition over the honda... Of course i would go for an older lexus or grand cherokee but thats me...You will learn to hate how slow that civic is...

·
Retired MòDÉrâTòR
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Until next year when I swap out the crappy engine it has now and put in either a B16 or something along that line. I think I can get it pretty fast. At least faster than my Auto Alty.

·
22,052 Posts
It's all up to persoanl opinion, but the money you would spend making that car what you want it to be could be better spent on a car that comes closer to what you want stock. I think a swap would be fun and all, but it might be wiser for you to start higher, and then you'd have to spend less money bringing the car up to par.

Swaps get expensive. Even if you plan for every possible issue, another one pops up. But if you really like the car, by all means, get it. I just think I'd go up the ladder, rather than down, and then slowly work my way back up.

·
Youngest OG Member
1,817 Posts
Punksk8rr said:
My Alty has really started to piss me off
I know how you feel,i hate MY alty.It has this REALLY loud wind noise and millions of other things wrong with it.I wish i could trade my alty for another one because alty's don't suck,mine does.Here's a hint for a new car,the new 2002 subaru impreza wrx is nice it has like 227hp,a turbo,and the best part it's
like $25,000 not bad for a 2002.

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
You should get a 240sx, you could pick one up for 2,000 bucks and bust some crazy drifts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts