The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been hearing and seeing some pictures of people painting their radio dash cover silver. I kinda really like it. I have a sheer silver ext car with black interior cloth...do you think it would look good to have the radia dash cover color silver instead of the black it already is. If so, how do i go about doing it? is spray paint the best way to go? Do you recommend any brand over another for the gloss and finish? Or is regular flat base paint better? Or better yet, can you just order a silver radio dash cover?

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
well if you want you can get the silver/metalic trim that is standard on the 03 altimas... this goes around the readio and temp controls, guages, and shifter (auto)... or if you dont wanna get the OEM ones then get an aftermarket dash kit...., you can get the aluminum one or im not sure but i believe theres also and silverish one... correct me if im wrong.... personally id rather do this, then pain it. but thats up to you....

·
Registered
405 Posts
I personally dont like the OEM '03 pieces around the radio and temp controls, but I do like the pieces around the guages and shifter. I also don't really like dash kits either. To me, they look more plastic and cheap than the original interior (NOT ALL OF THEM, SOME LOOK NICE) But I;m not too fond of the idea of sticking stuff all over my dash. I love the look of the silver painted interior, however, I'm not an expert on painting, so have no advice for you there. But I know there are a bunch of threads on this stuff.

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
well, i have the same setup as you and i painted all sorts of things silver including the radio cover piece and the piece that goes all the way up to the window, the climate control piece, the door to the cd storage, the shifter piece and the cupholder door along with the vent pieces and some parts of the doors. I got a hold of the 03 dash pieces and replaced the pieces i painted, with the 03 pieces...the 03 pieces look a lot more (professional).

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
I got a hold of the 03 dash pieces and replaced the pieces i painted, with the 03 pieces...the 03 pieces look a lot more (professional). [/B]
Did you buy them through service??? Junk yard??? How much?

·
Registered
405 Posts
wild willy said:
Did you buy them through service??? Junk yard??? How much?
I know the piece around the guages was priced at about $52 at my dealership and that was just one piece.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
RJL7HEL8 said:
I know the piece around the guages was priced at about $52 at my dealership and that was just one piece.
Oh damn...time to call the salvage yards...That is a lot for cheap ass plastic..:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts