The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had trouble with my 94 altima last week...First, the RPMs goes up and down when I'm slowing down or going fast.....and finally it won't start at all... i took it to my mechanic...and he told me there was a leak in the distributor..and I have to replace it.....I can drive the Altima now...but the RPM jerks sometimes....Well, my questions are

1) Any idea what could cause this other than the distributor?
2)Heard any recall on distributor for 1st Gen Altima?
3)Would a distributor from 89-93 Nissan 240SX fit in the Altima?
4)My friend told me I have to check the O-ring in the distributor, it could be bad or need to be replace...could this be it?

I appreciate for yall help

·
Malfunctioning Member
3,107 Posts
there's no way around it; replace the distributor. There are a couple available in the f/s forum.
I replaced mine saturday, I was having the same problems you were. I ignored it, until my car died on me. Save yourself the headache and replace it NOW.
In fact ReverendD has one for $150 & another guy has one for $75 shipped (that was my offer for it). Search and see if either one is still available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey, thanks for your help RicerX :)

Actually I have a friend who has his KA motor from his 240 swapped to SR20DET.....do u think the distributor off his 240SX KA motor would fit in 94 Altima?

If it fits, I'd rather get it from him cuz it's free...hehe...If I buy a new distributor, it's gonna cost me $300 or more :(

·
Malfunctioning Member
3,107 Posts
not sure about the 240 distrib. one way to find out though. If that doesn't work, check the links I posted for ya. $75 shipped for a distrib is a damn good deal ;)
Well let me know how it turns out, good luck man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts