The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Slide up in the altima...
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am lookin into gettin a new exhaust for the alty...lookin at the stillen exhaust for around 240, anyone got this one or know comments on it..any would help..thanks

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
from what people have been saying it really sucks. It's not even a cat-back exhaust, it's just a muffler, with some piping, but it doesn't go all the way to the cat. Appereantly the muffler isn't even a stillen, it's a cheap ass 20$ muffler with a nice tip welded on

·
Slide up in the altima...
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn really? well anyone have any suggestions? i wanna spend around 250-350, not too loud, just something nice, a little upgrade from stock....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
definetaly a custom setup. Go buy any muffler of your choice, and get a custom 2.25" mandrel bent cat-back exhaust. A muffler will go for about 80-150$ and another 100-150$ for the custom piping and you're done

·
Registered
279 Posts
WHAT??? yo i have the stillin exaust i have had it for like almost 3 yrs now and i LOVE it. it has a real deep sound to it like it has a lot oa power and i never had any problems with it rusting r anything. i think its a good investment its not a cat back but its good for $200 and it sounds real good

·
Incognito
1,388 Posts
I got a stillen, and it's just about ready to change to a new one. go with an arospeed tunable one if you wanna control the sound. ask your import friends what type of exhaust they have and see if you like the sound, pretty much everyone makes universal mufflers.

G

·
cthunder said:
I got a stillen, and it's just about ready to change to a new one. go with an arospeed tunable one if you wanna control the sound. ask your import friends what type of exhaust they have and see if you like the sound, pretty much everyone makes universal mufflers.
I feel that the Arospeed Tunables are good mufflers. They come with silencer caps so you can tune them to your perfection. For a good price check the sig.

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
depending on what you want. If you want evey ounce of power, go with stillen. If you want awsome exhaust sound, look elsewhere.

·
boosted
397 Posts
I had the stillen exhaust for 2 years and it doesn't look like anything special. It's only a plain ol muffler with a 4inch tip, but it made my car sound way faster than it is.

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
don't waste your money on a stillen, go buy a rhino muffler (same thing stillen uses) and weld a chrome tip on.. with installation you are looking at 100-120 dollars instead of 240 for just the muffler.

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
324 Posts
A friend of mine has one on his Altima. His wife is complaining that it's too loud. He is thinking about removing it and putting back the stock muffler.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i got my stillen 2 years ago and the thing is a piece of junk. it started rusting within 8 months...and i was in philly where it hardly snows. it sounds good to me but everyone who has ever ridden in my car tells me it is too loud...if they only could grasp what will come in the next year when i finally get that supra tt.
anyway, it sets off car alarms, booooooooooms through tunnels at just over 2k rpm. mine is loud enough to make the mirrors vibrate (not to mention the rest of the car as well).
i had a hi-perf cat put on yesterday and the mechanic had to weld the flange on the stillen muffler because it had rusted through.

DON'T BUY IT. get something that is stainless, or aluminum. if you have the loot the greddy sounds awesome.

enjoy!

·
isSs rolling a 2k3sentra
154 Posts
mrdeucie said:
i don't like the look of the stillen muffler.
i second that...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts