The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Altima, Bose but no navigation. I'm putting in a Pioneer AVH4100-NEX. I know I may not need every wire with all these components but I don't want to get into it without understanding where evrerything should go. I'd appreciate any and all help as to what get's wired to what. Here's what I have

Pioneer plug for back of radio
Green - really long for parking brake? How does this get wired?
Black
Yellow
Red
Blue (tagged System Remote Control)
Purple/White (tagged Reverse-Gear Signal input)
Yellow/Black (tagged Mute)
Orange/White
Green
Green/Black
Purple
Purple/Black
White
White/Black
Gray
Gray/Black

Metra 70-7553 Wiring Harness
Yellow
Blue/White
Black
Red
Orange
Gray (RCA PLUG)
White (RCA PLUG)
Purple (RCA PLUG)
Green (RCA PLUG)

I'm assuming the RCA plugs on the wiring harness take the place of the last 8 I listed from the radio.
So then I assume it's Black-to-Black, Yellow-to-Yellow and Red-to-Red.
If that's correct that leaves the
Blue (tagged System Remote Control)
Purple/White (tagged Reverse-Gear Signal input)
Yellow/Black (tagged Mute)
Orange/White
Green (long for parking brake)
What do you do with these???

Then I have these

ASWC-1
Black (male plug)
Red
Black
Pink
Green/White
Gray/Red
Green/Yellow
Yellow/Green
Gray/Blue
Blue/Pink
Black/Green

Come with a female plug with a Brown and a Brown/White coming off of it. Do I need this???

AX-NIS32SWC
This has a wide white plug at one end and a smaller black plug at the other. The only hanging wires on this are
Black
Red
Green
Black (male plug)
Yellow RCA PLUG)

40-NI12 Antenna Adapter
This looks pretty simple. Coming out of the plug is a black wire with an antenna plug on the end of it. But it also has a blue wire coming out of the plug. What do you do with that?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks,
Matt

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Have a look at my BOSE Upgrade thread in my .sig. It outlines the general process of grafting a different HU into your existing wiring (using similar adapters to what you have). Further, the 'paint-by-numbers' colour matching approach only leads to unhappiness in the end... You really need to know what those signals actually are to connect them up properly.

·
6,365 Posts
Start around post 20 on the second page where I begin the harness adaptation... I posted my wiring diagram towards the end (p.6/p.7), which was developed from info extracted from the AV section of the FSM for the two relevant years...in your case, you just care about the 2013 AV.pdf section pinouts (see my .sig for offsite links to the Altima FSMs)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help. I have a picture as I think this is the way things should be wired. I taped the wires together for the picture's sake.

I'm assuming it's blue, black, red, yellow of the Pioneer to blue, black, red, yellow to the wiring harness. Does it matter that the blue off the Pioneer says Remote? I'm assuming it still goes to the blue on the wiring harness. From the wiring harness, that leaves the RCA plug to plug into the back of the Pioneer HU and the orange wire which is for Illumination.

I'm assuming I don't need the orange wire, and on the Pioneer side I can cap off all the other wires except the green.

Let me know how close I am. I still need to contact Metra as I have a few questions regarding the ASWC-1 and the AX-NIS32SWC which will allow mew to keep my rear camera.

Also, is soldering really the best way to do this? I know it's good but are wire crimps so bad? Will responses be delayed if I don't solder?

Thanks again

·
6,365 Posts
You need professional help.

I want you to imagine that all the wires are the same color. Now....

Can you tell me why you connected any two wires above?
Can you tell me if the respective wires are outputs or inputs to the device they connect to?
Do you know which wire is the illumination control line and which line on the HU it should connect to?
Do you know the difference between line level and amplified outputs?
Do you know if you should be adding a fuse or not?
I'm going to adapt the speaker outputs of my aftermarket HU to feed the BOSE amplifier inputs?
Do you know whether or not a Metra flux capacitor is required for this installation?

If you didn't answer Hell Yes!! to every single question above...you need to stop right now before you blow some expensive stuff up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts