The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my knowledge, intake systems (filter + midpipe) such as those from Ebay, Bomz, Injen, Weapon R, etc. that fit a second gen altima can also fit the first gen. Is this correct?

The 1st and 2nd Gen are exactly same engine and almost identical engine bay layout, right?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Yes they'll fit. The only thing you need to consider when getting an intake is whether you want CAI or WAI. And if it's CAI, you'll need to double check fitment if you have ABS because that system is located in such a manner that it can obstruct certain CAI layouts.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
And I'm not sure but also the 2nd gens have a hole in the filter for the AIT sensor...I don't see why it would hurt to leave the hole but some have taken silicone and filled in the hole anyway.

I'm really not sure if or how the hole would affect anything...

Jeremy

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
^ That's what I did! Plus if you want quality, don't get any intakes from Ebay, I don't trust Ebay unless it's a name brand being sold on Ebay. I have an Injen intake with a K&N filter

·
4 cyl of fury
179 Posts
Bought one off a fellow member that had a 1st gen. Fits perfectly on mine though with a minor modification/cut made in the engine bay. I think its a K&N on there though.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
well if you leave the hole open, your leting unfiltered air enter...

·
4 cyl of fury
179 Posts
Not really, the intake fits in there pretty good without anything on the sides. Not to mention I've had it in there for a while and nothing has gone wrong with the engine.

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
BLACK SE said:
^ That's what I did! Plus if you want quality, don't get any intakes from Ebay, I don't trust Ebay unless it's a name brand being sold on Ebay. I have an Injen intake with a K&N filter
i got the Ebay (Bomz or whatever) pipe, and the OBX adapter from SWA...its working fine and fits pretty good. good value, and noticeable performance. i dont see paying 150 bucks for a WAI and a name.

but i agree...you have to be careful on Ebay! everything ive gotten there is fine, but i almost always get brand name stuff from vendors with excellent feedback! got my Tokicos on Ebay, theyre great...got my B&M there too, and no problems.

but yea, i do have to get a better filter on there...just got a cheap-o AutoZone filter. gonna have to look into a K&N or whatever...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Heres one of my lines that i've duplicated before. If you live in an area that might flood or you drive into towns that have flooded don't forget your aem bypass valve 3in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts