The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a deal with Rockford Fosgate, and well, pretty much i have to go ALL RF. for now, im gonna dive into the sickest SQ setup, i cant afford subs and amps right now.

i know what i want to do, but which models, speakers and amp wise to push them, would u go with?

·
Registered
222 Posts
2 12's rf hx2's, rf bd1000.1 hooked up to each 12.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe, notice why i said i could'nt afford to do the subs and sub dedicated amps just yet, i want more than a pair ;)

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
hehe, notice why i said i could'nt afford to do the subs and sub dedicated amps just yet, i want more than a pair ;)
Then I guess it won't be a SQ system. The way you said it it sounded like you wanted a competition SQ system. This is starting to sound like an SPL system. A true SQ system is based on a fronstage, and usually only needs a single woofer. As I said in a previous post, in SQ you strive to have a flat curve, where as an SPL curve will be biased toward the low frequencies, usually centered around a single one.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, not only do i want a great SQ setup, but i believe the best of both worlds can be had, its not like u cant turn the bass down...lol

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
well, not only do i want a great SQ setup, but i believe the best of both worlds can be had, its not like u cant turn the bass down...lol
you going to need one hell-uvan EQ. The way your setup is going, with that many subs it will never sound right. But either way, it all depends on if your comepting or not. If not why even bother a 'real' SQ system. It's not worth all the money they cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts