The Nissan Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R with 95k miles, and it's currently the most fun car I've owned yet.

I picked it up for $4500 with a rebuilt title, which I think wasn't a terrible deal. It comes with a Nismo Intake, DC headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Brembo front brakes, and the PO tells me he think's it has a Stage 2 Clutch, but that was something the owner before him would have done and I have no way to check on that.

This is the first 6speed I've owned, and the first standard I've owned since my 99 F150 in 2012, so I'm definitely loving being able to rip through gears.

It does have a few things that I've noticed that concern me, though.

When I shift into 4th gear, I have to move into the gear really slow, or it grinds a little. I plan on taking it to a shop in the next couple weeks to get that checked out, until then I'm just going to keep babying it into 4th gear.

Also, when coming out of a dead stop, if it begins to stall out (my lack of shift experience in the past few years lol) the oil light pops up. Is this normal? The owner said he kept the oil changed regularly, and there's a sticker from a shop that says the oil doesn't need changed until 99k miles, so I imagine I should be alright there.

I also intend on taking the car to a brake and alignment shop I used to work for, and having them check the suspension over and make sure I don't need anything replaced or fixed.

I have plans to get my stereo hooked up in it also, I have a pioneer stereo, a 500 watt Rockford fosgate amp and a Rockford fosgate T1 12" sub in a massive box that hit pretty hard in my Toyota.

All in all, I think I got a pretty nice little car, a replacement for my 2013 Toyota Corolla that I wrecked.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Welcome aboard !

Nice & clean SER Sentra mate .

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Got lucky scoring a nice SER like that .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. It's really clean, inside and out. The engine bay looks well taken care of, the only thing I need to work on at the moment is a small trunk leak that has the trunk carpet feeling a little damp.

I'm hoping that some rubbers around the spoiler will seal that up, the weatherliner seal looks to be in good shape.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I would remove trunk carpet & have a look in there also , might miss some rubbers in there . Or they might not be good anymore .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look for rubbers underneath the carpet that may have gone bad?

I'll definitely do that. I need to take the carpet out to let it dry anyway.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yep , had mine missing on my newer SER Atima when i bought it couple months back . .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked underneath the carpet, and one of the two rubber plugs under the tire were missing. I'm hoping this is the problem and not the previous owner's attempt at hiding or minimizing the problem lol

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Got mine from a bodyshop , had some lying around . Luckily for me he s one of my buddies .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I misspoke there, it was there, just not in place. I put it back in where it needs to be, hopefully it clears up my problem

On the unfortunate side of things, I get yet another reason to hate living down a dirt road...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
oh , would hate that also , tires look fairly used wonder how much thread wear s left on them .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went head ahead and took the tire to a tire shop and had them patch it, since I needed to order a new tire anyways. One of my tires had a bubble formed in it, so I replaced it and had the new one balanced, and no more shaking at 70mph now :D

I did run into a problem though, I seem to be either leaking or burning oil. I haven't seen any puddles underneath my car, but it lost about a quart of oil in two days :/

I have scheduled to get it looked at next Wednesday, so I'm hoping they give me some good news. Hoping that it's something simple, and I'll be on my merry way.

Another problem I have run into is that my tag lights don't work. I replaced the bulb, to no avail. I have checked my fuses, and they all seem to be intact. I don't have any other lights or issues with anything not working ( I read that the horn and tail lights were to the same fuse somewhere) but I haven't had any luck.

I figure since I'm taking the car in, might as well just have the guy check that out too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts