The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
super primer mobile
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 2002 Toyota Camry LE as I walked across the street to Publix to get some grub about 15 minutes ago. And as you all know I am partial to Nissans, but I'm going to give my honest opinion about this car.

I don't know about it's drivetrain, or powertrain, but judging by what I saw, it doesn't compare to the new Altima. (maybe rental car terms) The interior look cheap and plastic/vinyl. And the body concept is kinda Kia Spectra type in the back and modified 2001 Camry in the front. It's not something that I would buy. So like I said, it would make a good rental car, but I don't think it's going to be a big hit in it's class next year.

·
Registered
203 Posts
From Automotive News.com:
One Toyota manager noted, however, that Camry buyers place engine performance 16th on their list of reasons for buying the sedan - below quality, ride comfort, trade-in value and maintenance record.

"The 2002 Camry doesn't try to be drop-dead gorgeous," said Don Esmond, Toyota Division general manager.

"It doesn't need to be the most powerful, or the most fuel-efficient, although it will be very close to both. Rather, Camry's success will be based on its ability to be more things to more people than any other passenger car in America."

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't like it one bit either! The interior looks like a mix between a civic and a taurus. . .they americanized it to death. . .but people will still buy it. . .if it looked like a pontiac. . .people would still buy it!:rolleyes:

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
You've got to realize that the average car buyer is not an auto enthusiast like us. They just want to get from A to B with out breaking down and using least amount of gas possible and doing it comfortably. They are not into spirited, fun driving like we are.

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
i'll be sure to cut off everyone i see

·
super primer mobile
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if they want all that then maybe they should invest in an honda Insight LOL or maybe a Toyota Prius

1 - 9 of 9 Posts