The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ...i'm new to this forum

i have a 1999 black altima GXE pretty much stock cept a hotshot CAI and clear corners

i've always thought my altima was pretty crappy (speed wise) but i always loved the car and after reading around this forum its even better in my eyes. One concern is should i keep putting money into it?....i wanna get the 01 se rims and a stock spoiler and a 99 se tail lights. What I really want it is a fast car ....a fast altima...but this altima is not built to race.....its a family car guys...lets face it

the tranny is not build to race ...but nor is alot of other cars....what i really want is a audi 1.8T cuz they have so much potential...with the right tuning and parts it can pump out 400+ horses ...all from a 1.8 liter engine......but then again a turbocharged altima (with hubcaps :D ) would be the perfect sleeper......

so wat should i do....save up for another car or just build this altima into one crazy machine....is it worth it.....how much power can i really get out of this car under a 5k budget

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey guys i'm from the NYC area....near franny lew.....about 30 mins from dpa?..i've seen a couple of altimas there

a black 2001 with altezzas and a tan with catback exhast

anybody else live around here or drive around here....the long lsland queens area?

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
if ur lookin for 400+hp...u've come to the wrong place unless ur ready to dump major cash....and any with the right tuning and parts can pump out good numbers...in these days, u can't look down on 1.8 (b18) they've been tuned crazy.

for under 5k...not much power...parts dont come cheap..if parts come at all...maybe u can get teh engine rebuild and cheap(price)parts then u can go NA and do decent...or lucky to piece together a turbo but then u'll have fuel managment and all that to spend on...search and you will find ur answers

oh yeah...the KA also has as much potential as the 1.8t..think 240sx..some members here have gotten amazin numbers but it took patiences, headaches and lots of cash.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You got to a least Double that budget if you want to get anywhere close to an average turbo ride that is somewhat reliable..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well how much we talkin when you say turboing the KA.....and hey the 01 se rims look nice....nicest stock altima rims to date

want that kind of factor look but ....very clean

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
u want nice nissan rims...members have been puttin on the SE-R ones...we're talkin about a good amount...turbo kit, fuel management, reprogram the ECU, 3' exhaust if u want and dependin on what comes with the kit...:dunno:...8k...i'm probably off...dont feel like searchin around for prices right now

go to the turbo forum for more readin:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Alpha said:
...under 5k...oof u can buy some altezzas and aloud exhaust with a banging system for 5k thatd look hot
You want to know what I say about Tight Systems? F-U-C-Kem
If your not going into sound competition then there is really no need for and extensive system.. I can understand something decent sounding... Other than that your in for some HEADACHES

HEADACHES= noise pollution tickets, head rattling from the bass, and cats that will end up JACKING YOU FOR YOUR S-H-I-T while your alseep at 1-4am
Trust me on this Ive been there and DONE THAT...(Never on Nissans though, much luv...)

All in All... F-u-c-k systems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts