The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I found an way to get the main power wire for your amp threw the fire wall without drilling the the metal of the fire wall....... for more details e-mail me, I will be glad to explain in full details....... I hope to get pictures and add it to the modifications section of..... www.altimas.net ....... Talk to you all later...

·
Registered
386 Posts
why are you guys so rude? i mean, sure it woulda been nice for him to post it, but he just made an account and is new -- that was his first post. let's not piss him off and scare him away.

G

·
what the hell? rude? i dunno about u, but i wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to define the fact that i'm inpatient and would have liked to see that information instead of having to wait

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I started to drill a hole but the drill kept sliding down the fire wall so i got pissed .... i knwe there were "chanels" for the wires casue i had been trying to use them but it just took motivation to go looking for them by taking things apart .... did you visit the site??

·
10,373 Posts
special_K said:
I started to drill a hole but the drill kept sliding down the fire wall so i got pissed
Same here. Took me forever to drill into it. Ugh. I was getting so frustrated.

·
Registered
347 Posts
not to take credit or say who did it first but recently someone posted where to drill the fire wall to run the power wire and i posted the same instructions and idea that you did. its a great way to run it but instead of drilling the rubber thign i just cut a small slit. good job on posting them with pics though.

·
Illest in Nebraska
892 Posts
That's not a bad Idea too bad alot of people have been known about it, but it's good to know that you motivate yourself to learn new things and eaier ways to do them, good work, One thing though at the bottom of your page you put "altimas.com" when infact it's altimas.net ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I actually found a better way..I believe it was suggested on this site..but I dotn remember where I got the idea from...all you need to do it follow your trunk release wire.....this will take you behind your footrest. There is some grommet there..pull back the grommet...there is enough room for a good size wire to run through. This hole will take you right up to your battery.

If you have any questions please either email me or IM me...my AIM name is Radiumjen...

Thanks
Jamie

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
417 Posts
Just a bit of advice........... change the color of the text on your website. The black text against the dark backround makes it difficult to read. Other than that, nice job man. C ya

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I just got my altima exactly a month ago after I totaled my truck, and one day on break at work I got board and start look under the das and stuff and started to notice all the "channels" (at least thats what i like to call them) and decide to find out how to get to them.... I love my Altima got it from CARMAX great pleace only problem it was a valumax car so it diddnt have the top of the line fix up so all my speakers are screwed (the foam cone surrond is disetagrated) so I have to save up and get those replaced..... im glad you all think my site and idea was good..... no I gotta get my wig wags, and strobs installed, so far pretty easy to do ... just having a lack of funds $$$$$$$$$$
talk to you all later

1 - 20 of 32 Posts