The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, first off I would like to thank you all for helping me out with this problem I have! I purchased a 2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL last summer and have been enjoying it tremendously! I recently got out of the military and moved back home meaning I need new plates...... which means a state inspection. My passenger headlight has dimmed quite a bit and i as planning on replacing it today on my day off from school. I peel back the wheel well liner and i find this.(Picture Attached) Can anybody tell me what these light are and how to change them I tried searching on google and came up with nothing. They did have a cap on it that was from Valeo but I'm stumped!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
That's the back of a HID bulb...your low beam. Those take D2R bulbs as we have reflector and not projector OEM assemblies (no D2S please), recommend you replace both bulbs at the same time. 4300K is max light output but slight yellow tinge, 5000K are white, 6000K blue tinged white...the farther you get away from 4300K in either direction, the less actual light produced.

To remove, you unscrew a quarter turn and pull back, reverse to re-install. There is a small spring clip to hold the bulb base in place you will need to release to remove the bulb itself.

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
d0ugmac1, Would it be correct to say that this is easiest done by pulling off the front bumper, or can these bulbs be changed by going through the well?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
d0ugmac1, Would it be correct to say that this is easiest done by pulling off the front bumper, or can these bulbs be changed by going through the well?
I dropped the front bumper fascia...because I was getting pretty good at it anyways :) It can be done via just the fender well liner...but I think you are taking way more chances with damaging the bulb or other bits because you just don't have the same level of access/visibility to the headlight housing. Given that a decent bulb is $25 and up...if you can, I'd drop the bumper skin.

Also, try to make sure that the soft plastic gasket that seals the opening for the metal connector you photo'd above is properly seated in the dust cap before reassembly...it seems to twist out of shape easily.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure of this. I guess your mechanic could help you out with this. Did you try asking them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts