The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys need a little help my altima threw this code after cat was replaced It is telling me its bank one sensor 3. Does anybody know the location of this sensor and part number if possible I cant find a diagram on line anywhere. I highly appreciate any help I can get thanks in advance.It is a altima 08 s 2.5

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Hey guys need a little help my altima threw this code after cat was replaced It is telling me its bank one sensor 3. Does anybody know the location of this sensor and part number if possible I cant find a diagram on line anywhere. I highly appreciate any help I can get thanks in advance.It is a altima 08 s 2.5

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
P0147 is the OBD-II generic code indicating the Engine Control Module (ECM) has tested the O2 sensor heater circuit during startup and detects problems with the bank 1 sensor 3 O2 sensor heater circuit.
What causes the P0147 code?
The ECM tests the O2 sensor heater circuits at startup for excessive current draw, opens, or shorts. In the case of the P0147 code, the ECM detects a short, open, or excessive current draw in the O2 bank 1 sensor 3 heater circuit.
What are the symptoms of the P0147 code?
  • The engine will not run any different, since the O2 sensor is only used for catalyst efficiency and not for fuel control.
  • The Check Engine Light will be illuminated by the ECM after the O2 sensor fails the test.
How does a mechanic diagnose the P0147 code?
  • Scans the ECM for codes and freeze frame data and documents the information
  • Reruns the O2 sensor tests to see if the sensor fails again; if it fails, performs the pinpoint test for the sensor
  • Tests the O2 sensor heater circuit for power and ground at the connector end
  • Measures resistance of the O2 sensor heater circuit and replaces the sensor if it fails
  • Repairs the O2 sensor wiring if the wiring is tested to be faulty
  • Clears and retests system for any more faults

1 - 4 of 4 Posts