The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 98 SE with intake as my only mod so far...i wanna get aftermarket muffler but i dont want my car to sound like a bumblebee civic.. any experience help me out!!

·
$ make my Engine go Round
569 Posts
I got an OBX Bomb Tunable off of Ebay for pretty cheap. On the lowest setting its not that loud. Very quiet if not silent at or below about 2k rpm after that it gets loud but it is about right. On the highest setting it can be a little unberable : )

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what about "braman dragger" mufflers? i have never heard of them but they look nice and are pretty cheap....

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
this is what i think..i would rather get a part thats specifically made for your car rather than universal. for example..stillen put the r&d time into making a muffler for the 2nd gen and thats why i got it. but then again..this is my opinion.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
i am trying to get my hands on a magnaflow, does anyone know of someplace that sells them online w/o the high ass markup?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive found a bunch on ebay, but for my '98, does the inlet size matter on a universal muffler?
i cant even find a [email protected] tape measure...do i need a 2 1/4" inlet or 2 1/2" inlet, or does it matter??

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
depends if you want to have the muffler shop adapt the pipe, i am having full custom done this week on my car, everything from the manifold back is being redone w/ 2 1/4"

·
$ make my Engine go Round
569 Posts
Guy at Meinikee told me that the original piping is 1 3/4
and the OBX muffler was 2 1/4 I think most mufflers are gonna have bigger than the 1 3/4

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
it could be adapted. also make sure you have a muffler shop willing to do the work, it took me a month to find one in rochester willing to put my parts on. and don't go for such a ricey muffler....thing is huge :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, what dimensions do i need to look for for my car so mods arent necessary? 98 SE in case u didnt know

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nevermind, got those...but with a universal, how will it connect to my altima since the stock muffler curves to the left to connect?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts