The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
8,112 Posts
poisonfist said:
Was that KayGee I saw a glimpse of?
YEA it defin. looked like it. Its gotta be. The tail lights are not first gen tails. Its KayGee without a doubt. -TP

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
sweet i cant belive altimas dont get more recognition, i mean geez you dont see honda comercials with kitted civics. Chalk one up for Altimas.net and Kaygee

·
8,112 Posts
Dosnt get better than that. Know everyone needs to get altimas.net stickers to push it even more. -TP

I've been tricked. I thought it really said Shift to Altimas.net. GULLIBLE. -TP

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
harry said:
looks like some dood trying to break into the trunk
btw, your sig pic makes my scroll choppy.
Jae

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More on the new campaign: http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/news/products/reljanel20020821132801.shtml

Nissan Launches Bold New Advertising Campaign As Key Element of Global Branding Effort [Aug. 22, 02]

- SHIFT_ Accentuates Originality of Nissan's Current and Future Vehicles -

NEW YORK (August 22, 2002) - Nissan North America, Inc., (NNA) today unveiled an innovative approach to communicate the revitalized Nissan brand by launching break-through advertising that leverages the boldness and originality of Nissan's product line, while offering a provocative invitation to consumers.

Scheduled to break in early September, the campaign features innovative ads that compel consumers to shift the way they view driving, Nissan products, and the Nissan brand. "SHIFT_" emotionally communicates the premise that "A shift can change a person, a life, the world, or it can simply change the way you move through it."

"A confident and revitalized Nissan needed a bold new approach to our marketing, and a powerful new statement about who we are and what we stand for," said Steve Wilhite, Vice President of Marketing for Nissan. "SHIFT_ is more than a tagline. As a marketing communication platform, it represents both an invitation to consumers and a challenge to Nissan employees to never be satisfied with the status quo. For Nissan, it means we are committed to 'shift' the possibilities of what people can expect from us."

"SHIFT_" has the flexibility to be customized regionally throughout the world. Europe is using "SHIFT_ expectations," while Japan will use "SHIFT_ the future." North American advertising will feature multiple executions to demonstrate the richness and breadth of the Nissan brand, as well as to emphasize specific vehicle attributes.

The launch of the much anticipated new 2003 Z® will serve as a highly visible opportunity to bring Nissan's new advertising to life. Individual product ads will include the SHIFT_ message linked to words closely tied to the car's positioning. Examples include SHIFT_desire, SHIFT_dreams and SHIFT_passion.

Future work for all Nissan products from the Sentra to the Pathfinder will be incorporated into Nissan's global branding effort.

The new ads will break on September 4th with a series of television spots that communicate both brand and product messages. Beyond the television spots, the launch of the new-generation Z® will be supported by print, outdoor and interactive executions. Advertising has been created by Nissan's agency, TBWA/Chiat/Day, based in Playa del Rey, California.

A key component of the new advertising strategy is to ensure that the brand ad executions and the product-specific executions work in harmony to convey the uniqueness of each vehicle within the values and character of the Nissan brand. To accomplish this, Nissan will run a broader array of ads in all media.

Nissan's new branding campaign is directly linked to the mandate by Nissan to build a stronger, more consistent global brand. Recently, Nissan North America launched a new retail design initiative for dealership facilities and signage, as well as a company-wide visual identity program. The goal of these initiatives is to create a consistent and cohesive Nissan visual identity, while also improving customer satisfaction and loyalty.

"This is an amazing time for Nissan, a privileged moment. We've got segment-busting products like the Xterra and Altima, the North American Car of the Year. This month we introduce the new Z® and over the course of the next sixteen months we'll be introducing six exciting models, including a full size truck and SUV," said Wilhite. "Our products, marketing and growing investments in North America are tangible proof that we are a company on the move, a confident company with a clear vision of our future."

Nissan's brand resurgence will continue to be fueled by numerous new products that will launch in the next year. The first of those products, launched in mid August, is the new-generation Z® - a car that redefines the affordable sports car market much like the first Z® did when it arrived on U.S. shores in 1969. Quick to follow in December will be the all-new Murano, a crossover SUV that blends high performance with exceptional versatility. These introductions will be followed in 2003 by an all-new Maxima, a new Z® Convertible, an all-new Quest minivan, and Nissan's first-ever full-size truck and sport-utility vehicle.

Earlier this year Nissan took a significant step forward in its financial turnaround with the completion of the Nissan Revival Plan (NRP). The company is now focused on achieving lasting, profitable growth through its NISSAN 180 plan that calls for 1-million additional sales globally, 8% operating profit and 0 automotive debt by the end of FY04. The new models coupled with a resurgent brand will help the company achieve its NISSAN 180 goals.

In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. More information on Nissan North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.nissandriven.com or contact the corporate media line at 310-771-5631. NOTE: Nissan's URL for its consumer Web site will change to www.nissanusa.com on September 4.

# # #

Contact: Kurt von Zumwalt, Nissan Corporate Communications, 310-771-5238
Tim Gallagher, Nissan Corporate Communications, 310-771-5606

Starting September 4, 2002, http://www.nissandriven.com will become http://www.nissanusa.com

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
timmmyg said:
i can hear it, but the video doesnt show
where did i put that extra key for that Pulsar NX i sold to my friend? havent driven stick in so long, got practice again while he is off getting drunk, without him knowing

1 - 20 of 30 Posts