The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! Just purchased a 2014 altima SL, non navigation. I have a couple questions about the bluetooth feature that I haven't been able to figure out so far. Hoping someone here has the answer!

1. Is it possible to set bluetooth in the car to start/turn on automatically? Everytime I shut the car off I have to go back to bluetooth settings and manually turn it back on the next time the car is powered on.
2. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (Sprint). Should I be able to use the texting feature of the car b/c it is not an option anywhere once I have my phone connected via bluetooth.
3. Is it possible to upgrade the firmware of the system?

Pour your knowledge upon me!
Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey folks! Just purchased a 2014 altima SL, non navigation. I have a couple questions about the bluetooth feature that I haven't been able to figure out so far. Hoping someone here has the answer!

1. Is it possible to set bluetooth in the car to start/turn on automatically? Everytime I shut the car off I have to go back to bluetooth settings and manually turn it back on the next time the car is powered on.
2. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (Sprint). Should I be able to use the texting feature of the car b/c it is not an option anywhere once I have my phone connected via bluetooth.
3. Is it possible to upgrade the firmware of the system?

Pour your knowledge upon me!
Thanks!
To answer question 2. Yes but my GS5 isn't doing messaging either but I expect it will when I next factory reset.
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/2013-nissan-altima-discussion-2-5-3-5/444650-2015-altima-text-messages-not-working-modern-phones.html

1. You have a problem with either your phone or the car because it should automatically connect each time as long as you haven't turned off bluetooth on your phone. Are you having to hit "connect" on your phone or do you have to pair all over again? Pairing is where it puts a code on your screen and makes you verify that code on both devices.

1b. I'm going to guess you have some kind of program manager/memory saver/battery saver on your phone that is killing your bluetooth process when not in use. I love my androids freedom but linux is a real pain in the mule!

3. I've gotten many different answers but I don't think this radio is easily flashed through the usb like my 2013 Malibu was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@jeffh, thanks for the reply!
To clarify, the bluetooth I'm referring to in Q1 is the bluetooth of the car. When I start the car, bluetooth will be off. I hit the settings button on the radio and turn bluetooth on, and once I turn it on my phone will automatically connect every time. I just found it weird that I can't set the car's bluetooth to automatically be on when I start the car. Doesn't seem like that's a feature you should have to go turn on manually every single time.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's not normal. I didn't even know it could be turned off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can drive for an hour and it does not automatically turn on, I have to go into settings and turn bluetooth on. I've emailed the salesman at the dealership I bought it from the same questions I posted here. We'll see if they reply!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I can drive for an hour and it does not automatically turn on, I have to go into settings and turn bluetooth on. I've emailed the salesman at the dealership I bought it from the same questions I posted here. We'll see if they reply!
Try this: set your bass/treble/balance... and see if these settings also reset with the bluetooth turning off. You need to know what the scope of the problem is so that service can eliminate possibilities. I've heard these radio's were made by several manufacturers (sounds like BS but that's what my dealer says) and they are expensive, so they will fight like hell not to replace it....probably. So if you can give them additional issues or eliminate possible issues then they can fix it faster. That's assuming they have good problem solving skills.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all radio settings seem to stick. i tested bluetooth again yesterday by turning it on and letting it pair to my phone automatically. i then turned the radio power off while the car was still running. Turned radio back on and bluetooth was set to off. ?!?!?

·
Registered
325 Posts
all radio settings seem to stick. i tested bluetooth again yesterday by turning it on and letting it pair to my phone automatically. i then turned the radio power off while the car was still running. Turned radio back on and bluetooth was set to off. ?!?!?
Wow, at least it's repeatable so they can't deny it's happening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a used 2016 Nissan Rogue and I am facing the same issue.

Any tips on how you fixed the issue would be appreciated!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Check your phone for any pending software updates. This is a very common issue that i trouble shoot just about everyday at verizon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My phone is already up to date with the latest operating system version :/

I'm guessing this has something to do with the car multimedia system - the bluetooth of the car turns off every time I restart the car...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ok so the next step would be to do a network setting reset on your phone. This can be found in setting in the backup and reset segment. You will then have to connect your phone to your wifi and also repair your blue tooth with the car and any other blue tooth devices your using with your phone. If that does not work then backup your samsung galaxy s5 and reset it to factory. That should fix the issue. Im a galaxy user too and ive never had an issue with my phone reconnecting to my car automatically, factory or after market head units.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@SDEAL5
It's definitely not the Bluetooth on the phone. I just got a used 2015 Nissan Frontier and have the same issue. Still looking for a fix. Hopefully someone found one...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Have you completed any of the trouble shooting steps mentioned above?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@SDEAL5
My devices connect to all other Bluetooth devices flawlessly. The Frontier retains all settings in the audio menu except for the Bluetooth On/Off toggle. The Bluetooth settings is always "Off" when the vehicle is fist turned on. That has nothing to do with the phone. As soon as I manually turn it on it connects and is ready for talking/audio streaming within a few seconds. I'm still trying to find some fix for the Frontier radio itself to force the toggle to remain "On" when the vehicle is turned on. Hopefully a software update or something...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, so anyone find a fix ? I got a 2016 frontier for work and it is a pain, i stop at least 20 time per day...That thing is useless if i have to manually turn it on 100+ time a week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts