The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
N20 Whore
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be needing new pads in about 3K miles and just wondering what everyone else recommends? I am also going to change the rotors at this time and also wonder what everyone recommends? Right now it's all stock front and rear disk brakes

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
If you want crazy stopping power run Hawk HPS pads and Powerstop cross drilled's !!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I use VGX pads and powerstop rotors, and have had very good results.
A friend of mine caught his VGX pads on fire after some spirited driving. I cannot recommend these at all. Stay away from EBC as well.

Good pad choices:
Porterfield R4-S
KVR
Axis Metal Masters
Hawk HP+

Go with OE style rotors. Crossdrilled does not stop you any faster, but at least they cost a bunch.

Edit cause I cn't spel

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
MaddMatt said:

A friend of mine caught his VGX pads on fire after some spirited driving. I cannot recommend these at all. Stay away from EBC as well.

Good pad choices:
Porterfield R4-S
KVR
Axis Metal Masters
Hawk HP+

Go with OE style rotors. Crossdrilled does not stop you any faster, but at least they cost a bunch.

Edit cause I cn't spel
mine stops way better with the X drilleds !!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mine stops way better with the X drilleds !!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you have some sort of data other than seat-of-the-pants to back this up?
Also, can you describe what you changed? Was it simple rotor replacement of stock size, or did you go with a big brake kit? If you stayed the stock size, but just got x-drilled, did you also change the pads? Brake fluid? Were the before and after on the same wheels/tires?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts