The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
somekidbrandon
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I took my Altima into the dealership for some work and I was told by one of the techs that a new bulliten came out on thursday 1/21/16 which will be officially released soon for a recall on the hood latch. There was one for the lubrication of the latch but now there will be one for a full replace. Just giving everyone a heads up and to keep there eyes out for the release.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
somekidbrandon
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
225 Posts

It does apply to 2015 models, as mine was fixed at the local dealership last spring when I had it in for a tire rotation. I think it took about ten minutes and I did not even notice anything different about the car.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts

It does apply to 2015 models, as mine was fixed at the local dealership last spring when I had it in for a tire rotation. I think it took about ten minutes and I did not even notice anything different about the car.
Read the OP again. Not the same one. I had the one you're referring to as well... but according to OP there is a NEW one that will replace the whole hood latch (not just bend and lubricate it).

·
2013 Altima 3.5 SV no nav
811 Posts
Hi All,

I took my Altima into the dealership for some work and I was told by one of the techs that a new bulliten came out on thursday 1/21/16 which will be officially released soon for a recall on the hood latch. There was one for the lubrication of the latch but now there will be one for a full replace. Just giving everyone a heads up and to keep there eyes out for the release.
I hope this goes better than the airbag one, there was nothing wrong with my car before I went in for the airbag recall, now both airbag lights are intermittent. With my luck the hood latch I have works but the new one will let my hood fly open. :smile

·
Registered
364 Posts
Apparently randomly bending the hood latch isn't a fix-all. I thought it was a ridiculous "fix" to begin with and asked them not to do it, but they insisted on bending the latch. I wonder if they'll have to "unbend" anything before they install the new latch...

·
2013 Altima 3.5 SV no nav
811 Posts
Apparently randomly bending the hood latch isn't a fix-all. I thought it was a ridiculous "fix" to begin with and asked them not to do it, but they insisted on bending the latch. I wonder if they'll have to "unbend" anything before they install the new latch...
I really don't like it when the service dept does unauthorized mods to my car. I want to know IN ADVANCE before they do anything and get my approval. I hate to have to say things like that when I go in but it has become necessary from experience.

I took my old Camry in years ago during the Toyota gas pedal recall and they sawed off my gas pedal so it would clear the all weather mats, I didn't have all weather mats. I made them replace it with a new $700 part and they did it. I also made sure I got the good one like I had, not the recalled part. My 2007 Camry was one of the first ones (made in Japan) and didn't even have the defective pedal in the first place. Geerrrr...

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I guess that was their cheap way of trying to get by it... and now it comes back to bite them in the ass and have to replace the whole latch. Smh

They also bent mine and I remember checking it and there was all of this white residue there that they did not even bother cleaning up.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
I guess that was their cheap way of trying to get by it... and now it comes back to bite them in the ass and have to replace the whole latch. Smh

They also bent mine and I remember checking it and there was all of this white residue there that they did not even bother cleaning up.
White residue was probably the white lithium spray grease they used. Not supposed to clean it up...at least assuming you're not completely blind when you apply it.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 Base & 2001 Nissan R50 Pathfinder SE 3.5 4X4 MT
369 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
04/14 the website from the government, searches by vin.

·
Registered
369 Posts
yes I think this recall might only be for the 2013-2014 Altima's. mine has a production date of 03/15. I even called the service department at the dealer I bought mine from and they said that there is no recall for my Altima.

·
Registered
369 Posts

I just found this online.

Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Nissan Altima vehicles manufactured March 1, 2013, to December 31, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the secondary hood latch may bind and remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed.:nerd

·
Registered
44 Posts

Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Nissan Altima vehicles manufactured March 1, 2013, to December 31, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the secondary hood latch may bind and remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed.
Wasn't sure the manufacture of my car until I looked lol.. Guess I could have done that instead of going online

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wasn't sure the manufacture of my car until I looked lol.. Guess I could have done that instead of going online
Hey I always say when in doubt check again.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts

Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Nissan Altima vehicles manufactured March 1, 2013, to December 31, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the secondary hood latch may bind and remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed.:nerd
Nissan Recalls | Nissan USA

1 - 20 of 45 Posts