The Nissan Club banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Well, this will most likely be my last post here... went this weekend to the Dragon everything went well (minus the flat tire in Northern GA and getting pulled over in Andrews... ) I'll edit this post with the video(s)...

Bright and early to go conquer the Dragon!

Dragon posing with Chase...

Glad I don't have to add anything here...

Couldn't do more runs or take better shots was in a rush to get back. Got back to Miami that same Sunday/Monday at 4AM... :\

Found this shitty dragon at the end of the trail...

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Installed the in-dash and the 6x9's... sounds crisp and clean. I'm surprised how much bass those 6x9's can dish out when the EQ is tweaked. I went with the 5-way TS-A6970F in the front and the 4-way TS-A6960F for the rear and the AVIC-W8500NEX double din in-dash. :) I'm happy, and the headunit has a lot of add-on if need be. I don't feel (currently) that I need an amp + sub but Pioneer has a preamp'd sub that doesn't look too bad.

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Nice! How'd the car do on the Dragon?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
The car held it's own, I could of pushed harder but with all the storms that went through during that week made the roads a bit slippery and some tree branches were on the road. They were closed for the season so I pretty much had it all to myself but was running low on time so I couldn't do multiple runs.

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Figured I'd do a side by side comparison on the projection of my lights... HID Projected Headlamps + HID Fogs vs HID Projected Headlamps + Morimoto LED Projected Fogs

(L)HID Projected Headlamps + HID Fogs / (R)HID Projected Headlamps + Morimoto LED Projected Fogs

(L)HID Projected Headlamps + HID Fogs / (R)HID Projected Headlamps + Morimoto LED Projected Fogs

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Small update... been giving the B16 the back seat as of late trying to remove the noises rather than "upgrades" heh... Still getting some clunky noises which are the endlinks that seem to keep getting loose. That's mainly at fault of the bolts holding things together... Those parts have been removed and reinstalled so much that the shops replaced my nylock nuts with regular nuts... Can't figure out the size without taking a nut (hah!) to home depot.

So, I'm currently taking on mountain biking (in florida, WHAAA?!?!) there are some area down here (state parks) who have trails and hill-like features. Recently purchased an Ibis DV9 custom built with Competitive Cyclist. Here are the stats

Frame in White/Teal, Medium
RockShox Pike RCT3 29 Charger DebonAir 130 Boost Fork
Chris King InSet Tapered Headset with Griplock
TruVativ Descendant 35mm Stem (40mm)
TruVativ Descendant 35mm CF Handlebar
Ergon GA2 Grips
SDG Components Tellis Dropper Seat 31.6x413mm/125mm
WTB Volt Comp Saddle
Sram Dub BSA BB
Complete Sram GX Eagle Drivetrain 175mm/32t
Crank Brothers Stamp 2 Pedals
Shimano XT SM-RT86 Rotor 180mm/160mm
Shimano SLX BL-M7000 Brakes
Stan's NoTube Arch MK3 29ers
Maxxis Minion DHF Wide Trail 3C/EXO/TR 29x2.5 Tires

Should look something like this when it comes in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Whoa nice! I'm also into mountain biking, and road bikes too. I used to race both in road bike and hardtail MTB, if you can use it as your main transportation it's great, for me it's the most enjoyable way to go from home to work.

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Whoa nice! I'm also into mountain biking, and road bikes too. I used to race both in road bike and hardtail MTB, if you can use it as your main transportation it's great, for me it's the most enjoyable way to go from home to work.
Yep, it comes in Thurs., I'm pretty stoked! Still need the hitched bike rack to come in and some other components.

If I worked closer to home I'd probably use it as a commuter as well... but I'm to far out west and I will pretty much smell like arse everyday lol.

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
She just came in and took her for a little drive (pavement real quick)... rides amazingly smooth... gear transition is a bit rough might need some oil. All-in all happy with my purchase...

Decent clearance (29x2.5)

With my dirty car lol..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats! Chainstay length looks short bit it's not, that's because of the wide tires! On pavement it will be hard to roll with those but very fun in the mud.
You don't need to put oil in anything except the chain, and since it's new you may need more or less tension on the shifter adjust and that's it

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Ty sir, yes the chainstay I believe is about 439, I just took her on a little roll to see how it felt... being that it's carbon and a bit lighter than the competition he wasn't so hard to get the bike moving on pavement but being that it was designed for trails/xc it's a given, especially with the wide tires. I didn't have much time to actually tweak/set anything up. While I was putting things together the chain did feel a bit dry, (they might of used dry lube). I gotta fix the handlebars too a bit upward and lower the stem some. and correctly place the maxle lol...

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Seems like the site's new look/update doesn't allow one to edit their old post to fix dead links? I must be missing something... anywho, I'll just add new shots.

So, yet again the Sentra has been giving the hiatus and been just maintaining it here and there. All I did recently to it was rotate the tires and re-paint my calipers to "gold/bronze"... been way more focused on my bike(s)... Ended up buying three more, one for my wife and my daughters. Other than that, been modding my Ibis DV9... the mods list is above of when I got it since then a lot has changed on it.

Frame in White/Teal, Medium - (Now White/Red Vinyl Sticker Overlay from Stikkrd)
RockShox Pike RCT3 29 Charger DebonAir 130 Boost Fork
Chris King InSet Tapered Headset with Griplock - (Red from Blue)
TruVativ Descendant 35mm Stem (40mm) - (Industry Nine A35 Stem 40mm)
TruVativ Descendant 35mm CF Handlebar 800mm (Shorten to 760mm)
Ergon GA3 Grips (Black)
SDG Components Tellis Dropper Seat 31.6x413mm/125mm
SDG SM Pro Saddle (Red/Black)
Sram Dub BSA BB
Complete Sram GX Eagle Drivetrain 175mm/32t (Upgraded to Gold XX1 Eagle 175mm/34t)
Crank Brothers Stamp 11 Pedals (Black/Gold)
Shimano XT SM-RT86 Rotor 180mm/160mm (Upgraded to 180/180mm Sram Centerline X Rotors)
Shimano SLX BL-M7000 Brakes (Upgraded to Sram Code RSC)
Stan's NoTube Arch MK3 29ers (Swapped with 29er Barons (35mm internal with the lower mentioned tires)
Maxxis Minion DHF Wide Trail 3C/EXO/TR 29x2.5 Tires...
Second wheelset using the Arch MK3 29er 25mm internal with WTB Venture 700x50(2")

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Here is the wife's Orbea Loki H10 (Also, massively upgraded from stock.) 2 wheelset, same brakes as mine, upgraded drivetrain from the shimano it came with to SRAM GX Eagle, CF bars, more comfortable grips and saddle, SDG dropper the whole nine yards lol...

·
Registered
194 Posts
That XX1 transmission looks nice. Take care of the chain (frequent lube) and measure it often to change it on time, otherwise it will quickly deteriorate the cassette and chainring (nearly a thousand dollar mistake)

121 - 135 of 135 Posts