The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old Newbie
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is new to me perhaps it isnt to you but when i went in for my smog test rather than place a big hose over my muffler they just hooked their computer into my car's and ran the engine. I should have failed had they done it the old way but i guess since i reset the ecu before i went it passed with perfect scores.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
wait a minute...from what I know, Maryland emission system is modeled after Cali's. Are you sure your smog/emission testing faacilities don't have this type of hook-up for vehicle ecu's?

·
Old Newbie
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah well then, perhaps things move slower in Cali than MD being a larger state and all probably takes a long time to update all their facilities, I'd guess that Cali will be doing it this way within a few years

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Second to Cali, and probably PA, MD has one of the toughest emissions/smog standards in the country. Just thank God we on the East Coast don't have Cali's smog devices in our cars!

·
Rally U13
1,562 Posts
i'm not sure if thats good or bad...

·
I like cheese
54 Posts
when i took my laser up a few weeks ago, they hooked the tube up to my tail pipe and i failed, i think if the car is too low for the rollers then they do it, on the other side of the testing place a hooked up gti (that was lowered) had it plugged in, a little benz got plugged in, and my friend w/a lowered jetta got pluged in, me im still stock for now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts