The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 2.5S, no mods. As 40k miles is rapidly approaching I've been noticing the ride is getting softer and more old school Cadillacish all the time, to the point where its starting to make my wife sea sick to ride in the car. So I guess its time to change out the stock suspension for something else.

I'm looking for suggestions from other members. What I'm looking for is something that will firm the ride up, but not leave me feeling like I just replaced my springs with blocks of solid steel. The kicker here is there must be zero reduction in ride height...the G3 Altima's undercarriage is already dangerously close to the ground and has an extremely annoying tendency to scrap on all sorts of roads...so dropping it an inch closer to the ground seems counter-productive at best.

I will not under any circumstances be changing the wheels from the stock 16" alloys (and 16" steelies in the winter months) so I don't have to worry about fitment of odd sized tires.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
There are some KYB GR-2 Struts that are supposed to be coming out very soon if they are not already. They are basically stock replacement but a little firmer from what I have read. Most people don't suggest using them with lowering springs but that isn't a problem for you. Here is a thread about it:
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167039

You could get the adjustable rear shocks from Active Tuning. Don't know what you would do for the rear.

Or you could just get a new set from the dealer.

I don't think we really have many options at this point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts