The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On Dubs, Nothing Less
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to nissan the other day when the car was in for service. Long story short, I get a new tranny and clutch under warranty. If it wasnt covered, i was goin to wait till the 6spd comes out for the SE-R but they arent sure if it will be a direct bolt on. Also 2 if it wasnt covered under warranty was goin to to a lightweight flywheel, and stage 2 or 3 clutch...but as long as its still covered under warranty...the OEM will stay for now. Just wanted to share with everyone

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yeah I'd like to know as well.

I can already feel certain gears grinding and synchros that are totally shot, with the occasional groan / slipping with the clutch.

I'm hoping I'm in the same boat as you are.

·
On Dubs, Nothing Less
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i have 31k for milage. sounds to me like its a warranty issue for you as well. Mine would grind everytime it went into third-either from 2 or from 4th...Check with the dealership. I do drive my car very hard. Also when I first got the car for about the first 8months i didnt really know how to drive stick shift well. basically taught myself so that didnt help my cause. Either way, its getting replaced for free

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Holy crap I'm in the same boat as you are; I learned on mine as well and it's doing that same crap with grinding going into gears.

Time to remove the short shifter and bring it in for warranty :p

EDIT - Could you please explain what steps you went through to get to the point you are at now? Also how long does it take to get the new parts in and for them to do it?

I have a full month now that I don't really need my car once I'm in my new apartment with my roomies, I can mooch while my baby gets some new legs :D

·
On Dubs, Nothing Less
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i took it in and had them check it...they took it for a test drive and of course since i have like $20 grand in extra parts went with them. The mechanic heard the grinds. I asked the service tech and he said it wouldnt be under warranty. I asked the mechanic during the test drive and he said he would make sure it would be...so unless you have upgraded ur clutch or something related to the tranny there shouldnt be any kind of probs. They said it would be about a week for the parts to come in and a full day to install.

I really wanted the 6spd from the SE-R but they wont know if it will fit until they get one in and compare the 2 trannies. Anyways hope this helps

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I guess I'll have to wait for mine to get worse because I know for a fact when I bring it in, it'll behave.

It's been getting progessively worse day by day so just gonna give it time...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts