The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok well a while ago someone posted a site that did rear end turbos for like trucks and Suv's, I thought it was pimp because there where a lot of cool features for this setup. So I wrote them a email 2 day ago about how the Vq35 is strong, and there is a need for competition on this site for tubo kits, especially ones that a cheaper. So guess what? I get a call today and its the company, they said it would work on my car, they said "after me talking, and them asking everything about my car" that they would love for me to do one, and the they want me to be the first. Well I told them i would try but, I have to have my wisdom teeth out more dental work, classes to pay for and books, with no insurance that means a ass load. Basically he told me that they have shops all around, and that whoever would go do it, would lower it for altimas. Why? Because the universal kit is about 3200, our price, plus the first one to do it needs about a 1000 dollars for someone to sit and find the piping routes. Then after that it should be cheaper. Sounds real nice, great guy, super nice and friendly, sorry if this sounds like a 2 year old typed it but I am in a rush , sorry guys, post questions, and try to get some interest
going.

http://ststurbo.com/

·
Knight Davion
542 Posts
Awsome.....I mean, if a turbo kit is around $2000 to $2500, thats a reasonable price for almost anyone to get thats planning to keep their altimas. I just wish they'd make one for the 2.5 as well...:(

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
the big problem with the 2.5 engine is the stock internals I have read are extremely weak. SO I would be weary of putting a turbo on a 2.5.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No because like a water hose "someone lse made this point" when you first turn it on, it take 2 second to reach the end, but once it has hit the end and is flowing out the end there is a continuous flow, smae lag as any turbo. Plus no cool down times because it doesn't get hot.

·
The lost aren't forgotten
1,197 Posts
DJKhan85 said:
the big problem with the 2.5 engine is the stock internals I have read are extremely weak. SO I would be weary of putting a turbo on a 2.5.
no idea what the hell you are talking about, obviously you dont either.

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
If the turbo is located in the bottom-rear, won't it scrape???? Because I know I go up a drive way or over a speedbump and my muffler scrapes.....I dont' think I would want my snail scraping too. JMO.

·
Switched to a Maxima
200 Posts
if a turbo is for 2K that would be very cheap and i think alot of people would try and save up for it. But there are alot of stuff out there people are trying out. Like the new intake that is suppose to be similar to the Z, but still a turbo is a turbo.

·
Loyal Inline 4 Luver
355 Posts
Called STS, they don't make it for Altima, they would customize one for us but too far for me to go to their nearest shop. Would cost about 4K for that custom job.

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
kasirus said:
no idea what the hell you are talking about, obviously you dont either.
From what I have read on another altima/sentra sites is that the QR engine stock pistons are really weak. Right I have no idea what I am talking about. I am only going by what I read on other boards. so any knowledge you can share on this topic will be greatly appreciated as I am no mechanic.

No need to be a prick about it. If you have knowledge to give then give it. If I'm wrong tell me I'm wrong but don't just stop there. Explain it for the people who are new to this.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Altima2002V4 said:
Called STS, they don't make it for Altima, they would customize one for us but too far for me to go to their nearest shop. Would cost about 4K for that custom job.
Yeah they are nice though arne't they, yeah but 4 k is still pretty dam cheap.

·
The lost aren't forgotten
1,197 Posts
The QR was built stronger than some think, if Travis was able to run his car on stock internals (minus cam which isn't really much of a variable in engine longevity, and i will personally recommend to NEVER to do on our motor, jwt cams hassle not worth it.) on over 15 pounds of boost and without a rev limiter, pushing over 400 horsepower then i dont think internals are a question.

i post on thevboards, b15sentra, qr25de and altimas.net and have never heard anyone complain on weak internals that acually had put his vehicle down for some horsepower and therefore it seemed to me that you were talking to talk, a lot of people do that here. if you weren't, oh well :dunno:

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
Thanks for setting me straight:lol: I guess that was just a fluke thread I read. Its all good. I'm better informed now. :bigok:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts