The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My Other Ride is Your Mom
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After making a drive through a fairly bad storm last weekend and realizing how shot my OEM tires really were (despite having what I though was a sufficient amount of tread), I sprung for new tires and the wheels that were waiting for this new tire purchase: Enkei 18x8, +40mm offset with Continental Extreme DWS 225/45/ZR18's.

Listed weight of wheels is 18.6 lbs, tires are 22lbs; OEM wheels weigh 25lbs each, OEM Dunlop 7000's were roughly 26lbs a piece. Un-sprung weight savings of approximately 10lbs per wheel, so I'm happy there. I wasn't going to lower it, but the fender gap is larger than I'd anticipated so I may change my mind.

Handles 100% better than before...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Very nice ,wondering when you would get pics up for us, look like a good fit, looks good and like you said big improvent driving.
The 40 offset looks right ,thats a hard decision to make there are a few different opinions out there.
Congrads & tks for posting .

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
The DWS tires are quiet and give a comfortable ride with great wet traction. They also have a very long life expectancy and are light weight. I have 40,000 miles currently on mine and will probably reach 50,000 miles before buying another set. Car looks good.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I had the same wheels on a G37 -- they're very nice, durable, and light. Unfortunately, the design makes them look smaller than they are.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Looking good.

Not sure if it's just me, but 18s look small on the 5th Gen Altima.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do look smaller than expected, but the combination of the lighter weight and much better tires make for vastly improved driving. Drop springs and stiffer/larger sway bars would tie it all together nicely, but I don't want a harsh ride since this is my sensible commuter.

With these wheels my Altima looks like a slimmed-down Maxima.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,211 Posts
I like it - it does look like a rendition of the 7th Gen Max a little. I love PF01's. Always been a fan of that five-prong snowflake look.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice rims...

So what made you decide to do a 225/45-18? That's smaller diameter than stock tire.

235/45-18 is almost identical spinning circumference to the stock 215/55-17. You could even go to a 245 with little difference in speed variance to assist in filling wheel well better.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice rims...

So what made you decide to do a 225/45-18? That's smaller diameter than stock tire.

235/45-18 is almost identical spinning circumference to the stock 215/55-17. You could even go to a 245 with little difference in speed variance to assist in filling wheel well better.
Weight savings was the primary motivation for the wheel swap, and the 225/45 tire is 3lbs lighter than the 235/45 size. The 245/45 is 4lbs heavier, but both larger sizes would definitely fill the wheelhouse better.

The difference in weight is negligible, but that was the main focus. The subdued twin 5-spoke look was the next consideration, as I looked hard at the Enkei RP01 also but just didn't like the look.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Weight savings was the primary motivation for the wheel swap, and the 225/45 tire is 3lbs lighter than the 235/45 size. The 245/45 is 4lbs heavier, but both larger sizes would definitely fill the wheelhouse better.

The difference in weight is negligible, but that was the main focus. The subdued twin 5-spoke look was the next consideration, as I looked hard at the Enkei RP01 also but just didn't like the look.
Gotcha! I purchased some ADVIN.1 AV06 18x8 35mm and am going with 235/45-18 tires. Haven't researched much on weight like you, but based on the little that I gathered, this set-up will be about same as stock weight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts