The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sort of a first time poster, but I do know a decent bit about cars.

Story, I'm coming back from a work event and I stop for gas at a mobil with some friends, I fill up and roll around to wait for someone else and I rev it (only half) then let off and its just idling, I turn my music up and I'm bouncing along with a friend in the next car whos listenign to the same thing and I look at my dash and I got 3 reds and my check engline lit up, the car has stalled. Come to find out I'm firing on 3 and theres oil on the rubber above the plugs.

A) Any idea whats causing this? I'm going to replace sparks + wires, maybe the dist, change my oil (much needed) and do a regular tuneup tomorrow. Anything I should be looking for?

B) is there supposed to be oil on that rubbed round the plugs? (which only 1 or 2 was wet, the other 2 dry)

Any info is much appreciated
Tim

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
i'm guessing something might be wrong with your spark plug gasket, under your valve cover there's a few rings that keep oil from leaking through to your plugs. You might want to change your valve cover gasket also while your at it though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check that out/run it past one of my friends (a mechanic who owns the same year and make)

Btw what kind of weapon is that in your sig?

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
^ desert eagle...
but anyway, are you sure you only reved it half way? check you ecu, see if there are any codes because of this. it could be as minor as a gasket to as major as a separated rod and piston. have your mechanic friend check it out, oh and if you pump up the volume, you generally cant hear wierd noises that may help diagnose the problem... later.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
that is only a 44 magnum version of the DE tho.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
chiadog said:
that is only a 44 magnum version of the DE tho.
Hah! He's too sissy for the .50 eh? :p DE is overplayed IMO. I prefer .357 anyways. Bwahahaha. Freakin' expensive though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts