The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was just looking at my engine the other day and it looks like to me that they already added a CAI to my engine....maybe that is where the additional supposed 5HP gain is from last years model.......my ex's dad bought a 2002 and i drove it b4 and i did notice just a little difference between his and my car. i dunno what do u guys think that own one or are in the know?

please be gentle :angel1:

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
rodman9866 said:
hey guys, i was just looking at my engine the other day and it looks like to me that they already added a CAI to my engine....maybe that is where the additional supposed 5HP gain is from last years model.......my ex's dad bought a 2002 and i drove it b4 and i did notice just a little difference between his and my car. i dunno what do u guys think that own one or are in the know?

please be gentle :angel1:
That is true, but that 5hp increase does give you a lot more speed to boast about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The SOTP meter generally won't register anything less then 10 whp. Also, between actual dyno runs, the same engine can vary anywhere from 5 to 10 whp (that's on mustangs, but I imagine it's fairly similar on these). I figure the only change Nissan did between last year and this year is change the hp rating they printed in the press release... :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts