The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have been lurking in the background of this forum for a couple of weeks just trying to learn what I could before I started asking questions. First of all I bought a 97 Altima Limited edition from my brother about 6 months ago. He said he had some issues getting parts for because some of the parts were 97 and some were 98. I hear alot about 1st generation and 2nd generation. I assume the seperation is right at 97 and 98. How can I be sure which mine is so I know if I can use parts that are only for 98 and up ONLY?

OK, thats my question for now. A little about myself.... I sold my 87 Jeep Cherokee about 9 months ago. I had it running with better gas mileage than a stock Jeep. I loved working on it. One day my clutch went out. Turned out it was my internal clutch slave cylinder. After spending a week taking apart my transmission and replacing it, I decided I never wanted to go back under a car again or work on a car. So I sold my jeep and bought the Altima.

Two weeks ago I decide to change the spark plugs. Being a computer geek, I head for the internet and end up here... So much for the idea of not working on my car... I hate you guys and my wife is going to hate you even more.

So anyway I put on my NGK plugs and wires + rot and cap. Changed oil with mobil 1. (Major improvement since I havent changed my oil in way too long, and drove accross the country)Now Im looking into the everpopular debate of WAI or CAI. I am leaning toward WAI because of cost, but want to gain low end power the CAI supposedly gets so here is my thought... I plan on doing what Flame Arrow has done (There are about 700 links to it in these forums so I wont post another). But I am also thinking of getting a pipe/tube to run where the cold air pipe would have run and put a fan in it that pulls cold air in up to the filter, but not connecting to the filter. It would not be forced or ram air, but would still bring cold air to the filter without concern of mud or water. THOUGHTS PLEASE!!!

Thanks for all the info... and my wife thanks you too.:angry2:

·
Pacman
341 Posts
Welcome to the boards. I would start by putting these questions in the engine mods. forum instead.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
1st Gen=93-97
2nd Gen=98-01 (some like to also say 98-99 is 2nd, 00-01 is 2.5Gen)
3rd Gen=02-??

and yes.. if you are going to ask about WAIs and CAIs and headers, etc.. go to engine forum. I fyou want to ask about suspension/wheels/brakes go to that forum. Want detailing answers? go to the detailing forum. Want answers on Turbo and NOS, go to that forum, and stuff on audio, go to that forum..

enjoy and welcome.

ps Member ride pics go in said forum :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts