The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Altimate Sleeper
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 95 Altima and recently have been having weird problems. Last weekend I did my brakes and rotors but i dont think it has anything to do with the problem. Occasionally out of nowhere my car will lose power for a second and come back. The radio will reset, lights will go out,etc. Yesterday I checked all the wires to the battery and tightened them up, checked fuses and anything else i could think of. Any ideas.....

·
Altimate Sleeper
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should i check the plugs and wires and replace them or is it something more complicated

·
Altimate Sleeper
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brand new battery and alternator

·
Registered
172 Posts
its your alternator the same thing happened to me when i bought a new one and i had to ga back and exchange it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Had the Same Prom.......ththe place where those red cable plug into the connector on your battery is loose.....there are 2 parts to the thing.........2 black connectoer plug into.....1 larger red connector....and the red one plugs onto a connector on the (+) battery post........just a guess though

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
i love threads where nothing but newbies answer the problem. like the blind leading the blind... sorry ashura... you guys are forgetting something. the battery supplies the main power and the alternator keeps it charged. if you are losing enough power that you are losing the presets on your stereo and the time on your dash clock, then it cant be either of those. rather, it would be something CONNECTED to those. when you have power flashes like that, its almost always a loose ground, relay, or other wire SOMEWHERE. batteries just dont lose 12 volts for a second and then come back to life. even if the alternator decided to cut out for a second, the battery is still full of juice... start searching your engine bay and check all connections and ground points.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
turn your damn radio off before you turn your car off too... nothing drains a battery faster than trying to start up your radio along with your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts