Nissan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shall have the honor of doing this now for the second time...

For the Newbies....

1) there aren't Altezzas.. or Euro0clears.
2) Really its too much to make you Auto a Manual.. you should have bought one to start.
3) Also too expensive to make your GXE all disc brakes, you can do it...
4) That's Donnie's Altima in the corner.
5) When the post count gets up there, try doing a search.. your question might have been answered.
6) 93-97 altimas are 1st Gen, 98-01 is 2nd Gen, 02+ is 3rd Gen.

7) enjoy....

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Might want to add "they dont make super chargers for altimas"

·
Crazy Russian
884 Posts
Wow. 2 1/2 years ago.

Update:
There ARE altezzas
There ARE clear headlights
You CAN convert Auto to Manual for pretty cheap
You CAN convert to all disc brakes for fairly cheap (and by the way, my GXE had discs fromt he factory)
You ARE going to do the SR swap...well, actually, you're not. Only the chosen few will.
ECU directions still in the FAQ

·
Auto Tech
4,743 Posts
yea no kidding, what the hell were u guys thinking replying to this thread....it was already retired...sheesh

·
Crazy Russian
884 Posts
Haha. I just went back to the earliest threads out of curiousity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need some help please! I bought a 2000 Nissan Altima GXE in May of this year. July 2, a lady pulled out in front of me and I smacked her good. I work for a new car dealer that has the garage and body shop so I had it towed there for them to do the body work. The lady pulled out and stopped I slammed on my breaks. Then she punched it when I hit her she was moving pretty fast. The back of the fender caught my front bumper and totally ripped it off into the turning lane and nearly threw me into the turning lane as well. Now that I've said that, I have a question. Would her hitting me on the right side bumper and tearing up the left fender plus shoving it back into the door have anything to do with the problem I'm having now.

When I bought my car it had nearly new tires on it. When I got my car back the latter part of July the tires were exactly like when I bought it. I drove it all of August and it would not pass inspection because the back tires are slick they look as if they have been sliding sideways and the stell belts are beginning to show through. The front tires are okay but I'm surprised the back tires are still holding air. I have never owned a Nissan or a small car for that matter. Someone told me that the body shop should have done a front and back alignment. But I have a bigger problem than this, when it rains and I run into a little bit of water the car nearly flips around or spins around I can't drive it without driving about 35/40 mph. I think this is a serious problem and I think it better get fixed, but I need to know if i get an alignment done will that solve my problem of course new tires are going to be a really big necessity before winter kicks in. I am so afraid that I got stuck with a major problem, the car only has 69400 miles on it and I feel that it shouldn't need any kind of really expensive mechanical work done on it. I can't work on it because I don't have a clue and I have no husband to help me figure it out. Oh I'm making a big mess of this, I just need a little guidance here, because I don't know where to look to find a solution.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
chuck34gboro
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing