The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the post above about 5th gen trannys. I currently own an 09 Altima 2.5s. I have had the thing for 10 years now and it has been without a doubt the most reliable car I have ever owned. It now sets with 204K on it. I have never once Had a tranny issue. Based on my experience with this car It would be stupis of me to ignore my good luck with this car when looking for a new car to use to get to the office and back. Id be interested in the 2017-2019 models. I supposed My question is whether there is much of an update with the CVT tranny from my 2009 version. IM guessing from reading, Im more of the eception at 200K than the norm. So it has me a little jittery looking at new ones. I'm thinking of maybe cars with regular auto tranny like Accords and Camry, Sonata, etc. may be a better choice but I have just had such good luck with this vehicle. Its still driving great, the only non routine things I have replaced has been the drivers side hub bearing (3 months ago) and had the Alternator rebuilt with new bearings at about 100K .
Any Info appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I suppose after reading above My 204K 09 is a rarity. I suppose I have made the decision to look at Toyota or Sonata for a new car. Just dont want to risk that CVT with the bad press its getting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts