The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going home from a paintball game...and was driving a friend home. Cruising speed was about 40 MPH, then surprise!

I looked down, and there it was. Well, the earliest for me to scedule an appointment with the dealership is Monday.

I already checked gas cap...three clicks tight as always.

Anything I should know about or not to say when I get there?

I don't even have any mods, except tinted windows. :angry4:

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, came back from the dealership. They claimed the gas cap was not completely locked down. Man, sounds like B.S. I always click it pass at least three clicks.

I also told them to program my doors, so it will not auto lock. They even screw up on that! Now when i click once on the remote, all doors open, 30 seconds later, it locks again.

AaaaaarrrrGGGG!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Someone who worked at Nissan told me that the SES light coming on has to do with the front bank O2 sensor. He said they have been hearing alot about it and getting complaints often. He said that they change the sensor and replace the head shield above the exhaust manifold which covers the 02. The new shield apparently has a cut out for the 02. Its possible that the o2 wiring is going bad or melting. He said there was a TSB or something on that. I am going to see if he can get a copy. Just thought I would pass that along.

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bruncek said:
Someone who worked at Nissan told me that the SES light coming on has to do with the front bank O2 sensor. He said they have been hearing alot about it and getting complaints often. He said that they change the sensor and replace the head shield above the exhaust manifold which covers the 02. The new shield apparently has a cut out for the 02. Its possible that the o2 wiring is going bad or melting. He said there was a TSB or something on that. I am going to see if he can get a copy. Just thought I would pass that along.

Thanks Man. My dealer won't do anything right now. Scanner show that it was a small emission leak (gas cap not seated).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts