The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'96 Max SE loaded
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the name implies, im tryin to find some nice rims for a nice price, besides ebay where do yall guys look for rims, preferably race rims 17" and above with good wheel/tire packages

lookin to spend in the 600 to 800 range

·
Registered
2 Posts
try custom-wheels-car-rims.com

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've always gone through whalentire.com for all my rim/tire purchases. The wheels in my sig are from whalentire.com. I have no complaints. Their prices are reasonable, their customer service is awesome, and their products are good.

You will NOT find a GOOD rim/tire package for 600-800. I bought cheap-ass ADRs from whalentire.com (though I got the best rubber available) and it still ran me about a grand, mounted, balanced, and shipped.

If you find a "deal" by buying your rims and tires separately, keep in mind you will still have to pay a shop to mount the tires and balance them.

whalentire.com, tirerack.com, discounttiredirect.com, are all companies that will offer free mounting and balancing.

discounttiredirect.com will even give you free shipping, but their prices are steeper than whalentire.com, so you often end up paying a little more than had you gone to another site. The one major disadvantage about whalentire.com is that its tire selection is quite limited, especially for performance tires. discounttiredirect.com and tirerack.com both offer more variety.

Tirerack.com has the steepest prices, but it has everything you could possibly need relating to wheels and suspension. Their wheel selection is pretty big, they give you a preview of what it will look like on your car, and they also give reviews and ratings on each tire they have, letting you know how it performs in a large variety of situations (i.e. dry, rain, snow, etc).

If you really are the cheapo, you could just go to tirerack.com, read the reviews on the tires, then find those tires at discounttiredirect.com or whalentire.com. But careful; some tires are sold only at tirerack.com.

At any rate, for your price range, you won't find anything good at either one of those three sites. I'd suggest waiting another month and saving up, then getting something good. What you will get for $600-$800 will be crap, whether off eBay or another website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts