The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've nearly accepted that I'll never receive my free headlight assemblies. I will make one last effort
by visiting the stealership to inquire what if anything they've done since about this. My guess is jack squat.

I fortunately bought replacement assemblies in 4/22 (installed 9/22) that have been better than the OEMs ever were.
If they manage to last the life of the car - it will be 10 years old in August (my how time flies!) it will have been well worth the cost
and my labor to resolve the issue.

· Registered
4 Posts
I've nearly accepted that I'll never receive my free headlight assemblies. I will make one last effort
by visiting the stealership to inquire what if anything they've done since about this. My guess is jack squat.

I fortunately bought replacement assemblies in 4/22 (installed 9/22) that have been better than the OEMs ever were.
If they manage to last the life of the car - it will be 10 years old in August (my how time flies!) it will have been well worth the cost
and my labor to resolve the issue.
I've got the same situation but can I ask what replacement assembly you got? and were you able to do it yourself? thanks for any info

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dorman 1592502 right side from carparts.com and Dorman 1592503 left side from RockAuto. Should be no more than $150 for both after tax and shipping.
Fairly easy to install after viewing several YouTube videos. Well worth it. You won't be disappointed with the results.
You most likely will need to adjust the beam height after you install them. There's a YouTube video for that as well.

These assemblies are for the 2013 to 2015 model year 2.5L halogen only. The assemblies for the newer model years cost a lot more.

· Registered
4 Posts
Dorman 1592502 right side from carparts.com and Dorman 1592503 left side from RockAuto. Should be no more than $150 for both after tax and shipping.
Fairly easy to install after viewing several YouTube videos. Well worth it. You won't be disappointed with the results.
You most likely will need to adjust the beam height after you install them. There's a YouTube video for that as well.

These assemblies are for the 2013 to 2015 model year 2.5L halogen only. The assemblies for the newer model years cost a lot more.
Thanks so much...especially for such a quick reply. Mine are sooo bad I can not drive at night unless it's a lit street..lol! Anyway I really appreciate your reply...was hoping someone would find a solution...Have a great weekend

· Registered
3,601 Posts
Just exactly what is the issue there? I say that after refinishing my Ford stuff to work like new when before you couldn't see anything at all. $10 an assembly but you need to wait a day or so to let the new paint dry thoroughly to harden.

Some result depends on the base clear plastic type, when the OEMS got wind of people refinishing them they changed the plastic more than once to get plastic that actually biodegrades faster claiming 'it's better for the landfills' but of course it's the whopping bucks buying assemblies now that can go for over $1000 each.

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just exactly what is the issue there? I say that after refinishing my Ford stuff to work like new when before you couldn't see anything at all. $10 an assembly but you need to wait a day or so to let the new paint dry thoroughly to harden.

Some result depends on the base clear plastic type, when the OEMS got wind of people refinishing them they changed the plastic more than once to get plastic that actually biodegrades faster claiming 'it's better for the landfills' but of course it's the whopping bucks buying assemblies now that can go for over $1000 each.
These are sealed projector lamps. The reflective coating on the projector inside the assembly degrades and darkens over time from the heat of the halogen bulb which dims the projected light beam. Replacement of the entire assembly is required to fix it. Repair or replacement of the projector simply isn't feasible.

Nissan might (or might not) have considered repair or replacement of the projector as an option. The design life of nearly every component in a vehicle is no more than 15 years. It is rare for NHTSA to issue recalls for vehicles older than this. Nissan has lucked out thus far because dim headlights are not a serious enough safety issue for a recall it seems. They might not have lucked out as to future business as there are many customers who probably won't be buying any more of their fine vehicles after this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts