The Nissan Club banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Ahoy!
1,676 Posts
There arn't many out yet Foot. I would get him something else cause he'll prolly allready have the good ones. Mabey some of the remots or something. People keep complaining they don't have those yet. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
i picked one up at toysrus last weekend. they got 100 in, opened the doors at 7am.

i got there 10mins to 7 and got online. i was the 30th person there, so the demand isnt all that great for these things.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Foot2Floor said:
My son's girlfriend got him one at TaRget. Any sites that review games? I thought I'd get him a game for it.
Madden is fun, if he's into football.

Wii sports should hold him over though.

I'd wait for Wario Ware.

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Funniest damn thing...I was just at a gamestop looking for something to pass the time, and this guy walks in, buys a Wii, walks out. I hadn't bothered to ask because they're so scarce all over. I ask the cashier dude about the next shipment and he tells me they get them when they get them. So then I ask, "did the guy reserve his or something?" "No, he just asked for it and we had one more unit in back."

So, there you go. Could've been playing with my Wii already, but I guess I'll have to wait. Major blue balls.

·
:-)
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
Yep, so the Zellers by me is selling them tomorrow @ 8:00 AM. One problem... I have 2 final exams tomorrow (my only 2). One at 8:30 AM :angry2: I may drive by at 7:30 AM and see what the line is like, can't afford to wait long though... ah well.

Foot2Floor, Zelda, Elebits, and Rayman's Raving Rabbids are the ones I'm looking at for my gf and I. Red steel seems to be popular, though IGN gave it not-so-awesome reviews though. I just read wii.ign.com. If they give it a bad review, they usually explain why, so you can see what you think. I also think we're going to get NFSU Carbon when it comes out.

Edit: Oh, and I hope to get Resident Evil 4 (GameCube game)

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
Thom said:
Edit: Oh, and I hope to get Resident Evil 4 (GameCube game)
It is rumored that all the Gamecube RE games will be released for the Wii with improved graphics and utilizing the Wii mote. You may wanna hold off on getting RE4.

Does anyone know if the Classic controller works for Gamecube games? I am trying to figure out what to buy: a few classics or Gamecube wavebirds.

Also anyone know how much memory the Wii has? I am wondering how many classic games it can hold. Also I know that it has a SD slot, so can I buy a 4 GB SD card to hold all the classic games or is the SD slot just for game saves?

·
Torqueless wonder...
2,586 Posts
I believe the classic controllers plugs into the ports where the gc control ports are so they should work...

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
anthonyc said:
i picked one up at toysrus last weekend. they got 100 in, opened the doors at 7am.

i got there 10mins to 7 and got online. i was the 30th person there, so the demand isnt all that great for these things.
i knew i should have gotten up.........:(

·
:-)
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Yeah... I got to Zellers at 7:30AM (had an exam in 1h). Waited for 30m. Finally got in, was the 4th person there. Turns out they only got 2 (yes, ****ing 2!). And they gave the tickets out when 2 people came at 7:00AM. Of course the guy who handled this walked by us multiple time, but didn't bother to mention that. I was fully prepared not to get one, but I wasn't prepared to be put on the hook for 30m. What a bunch of jackasses.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts