The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I choose you Pickachu!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys, check this out...this is an authentic Nismo exhaust that I recently purchased and hopefully installed ASAP. It was on an R33 Skyline that was wrecked and it was one of the few pieces that survived. I will post pics of the car once it is on!

·
I choose you Pickachu!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was a relatively cheap purchase at $375 used, considering it's about $1100 new in Japan and not available here. I had the piping too but it's for the R33, so I left it at the shop. (too big!)

I have a guy that can get me any JDM Nissan parts so it's all good.

Too bad there's no Altima in Japan or else I'd be swamped with genuine JDM goodies. My guy's going back to Tokyo next week so I gave him $ for a Nismo oil cap and radiator cap.

The Injen CAI is on the way so i'll post pics of that as soon as the installation is complete.

I'm leaning toward the Yokohama/Advan Siena rims in 18" but we'll have to see on the availability.

Lemme know if you guys think this looks nice...

·
Registered
45 Posts
sick...

holy mutha fu##in' shi*t...that is huge, is that a fish eye lens..?:D

you must post some audio of that beast!!!!

·
I choose you Pickachu!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The size of the tip is surprisingly deceiving though it is the size of a CD! The actual opening from the muffler is smaller and it kinda fans out toward the end making the tip huge. I can only describe it as a funnel shape as it goes in.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Shiznitzzz said:
The size of the tip is surprisingly deceiving though it is the size of a CD! The actual opening from the muffler is smaller and it kinda fans out toward the end making the tip huge. I can only describe it as a funnel shape as it goes in.
I'll take 2. Can you get the tips alone???

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
1,213 Posts
Shiznitzzz said:
The size of a CD?? Holy buttmunch that's huge! Since it's NISMO, I'd imagine it offers some real performance gain.... but I dunno... a tip that large just screams... RICE! SUPER SIZED!

But I do give you props for having some genuine NISMO gear and not a Del Monte can no name brand :)

·
I choose you Pickachu!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's gonna be pretty hard to get two of these since they were really a surprise find to begin with. My guy scours Tokyo junk yards and garages and he finds these things through sheer luck.

He's more of a Honda guy so he has a lot of Mugen and Spoon stuff and the Nismo accesories are obtained only by special request.

·
I choose you Pickachu!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ThaiBruin said:

The size of a CD?? Holy buttmunch that's huge! Since it's NISMO, I'd imagine it offers some real performance gain.... but I dunno... a tip that large just screams... RICE! SUPER SIZED!

But I do give you props for having some genuine NISMO gear and not a Del Monte can no name brand :)
Thanks for the props. I know it may seem huge but I just kept telling myself that it's a frikkin NISMO exhaust that fell on my lap by sheer luck. I am going out on a limb buy saying that this exhaust probably exists on less than a hundred cars Stateside, if that, so it should be unique.

NISMO has a DTM-style twin tip that should be out this fall so I may switch this out when the time comes.

Go Bruins!!! Class of '00!!!

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
1,213 Posts
Shiznitzzz said:

Go Bruins!!! Class of '00!!!
Hmm... would graduating in the fall qualify me for class of '02?? if so... Go Bruins!!! Class of '02!!! (or '01, whatever...hehe)

Cant' wait to see how the exhaust looks on your ride man! I might hold off on the exhaust til fall, just to see what NISMO offers. But until then... stillen lip, side sills, eibach, rims.... yea baby! yea! :D

·
I choose you Pickachu!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...the guy I bought the exhaust from wants to make me a body kit too...he's insisting on whole bumpers and such but I told him that add-ons are fine for me. I showed him the Stillen kit and he's kinda sketchy on it. But I like it so screw him! Plus his kits are fiberglass not urethane. He's also informed me that he has NISMO GT4s in 18" available used with rubber for $1600...i'll let y'all know if I get 'em.

·
I wish...
235 Posts
:vomit:

You've gotta be kidding. On a riced-up delSol maybe, not an Altima.

Honestly, the only good use for something like this is to hang it as a trophy in your garage. It would make quite a conversation piece.

·
I choose you Pickachu!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aquiname said:
:vomit:

You've gotta be kidding. On a riced-up delSol maybe, not an Altima.

Honestly, the only good use for something like this is to hang it as a trophy in your garage. It would make quite a conversation piece.
It WOULD be nice on a del Sol but I'd get laughed at for putting a NISMO exhaust on a Honda.:rolleyes:

It's gonna be a makeshift exhaust until NISMO hits the shores.

:cool:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Damn you always refer to "your guy." Who is this guy that searches for parts for you and would craft a custom body kit? I wish I had "a guy" to do shit for me....hehe

·
I wish...
235 Posts
Originally posted by Shiznitzzz
It WOULD be nice on a del Sol but I'd get laughed at for putting a NISMO exhaust on a Honda.:rolleyes:
;) Oh, I know it's a Honda. That's why I said this type of exhaust belongs on one. :D

Still, it makes a nice trophy. Kinda like a lion's head for your garage. :cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.