The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what kind of muffler would go best with my '99 nissan altima GXE???

i have another question....
to make my car sound a bit loud....do i get a muffler or an intake?

can someone break it down for me...what a muffler does and a intake.... i really don't know much about fixing cars...

all i want is a decent muffler/intake which ever one will make a good deal of noise when crusin'.....

thanks alot....

·
sittin' pretty.
2,427 Posts
first thing you need to do with questions like this is search...you'll find all the answers to your questions.

what KIND of muffler is up to you...its a preference thing. try ebay or www.southwestautoworks.com for some options.
a muffler will make your exhaust louder...an intake will pretty much make the engine louder..both a warm and cold air intake give off a nice growl at full throttle.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
FlameChick said:
Doesn't the loudness of the muffler kinda depend on the tranny too?
well, no not really. If you have a 5 speed, you can run it up to the higher rpms easier and that will give the higher pitched droning sound out of a good muffler, but the sound is never a direct function of the transmission.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys what if you have a automatic and no exhaust....i just need something to make my car louder....i tried searching fo these answers and i cant find it...so i need your help.....

whats better an intake or a muffler???

remember i have no exhaust and i just want my car to sound a bit louder...or a bit deep.....

thanks

·
X Factor
546 Posts
AltimaXS said:
a muffler will obviously make more noise
:eek:Enough said

oh yeah, I know it was said before, but maybe you need help, you'll find tons of information on exhaust and intake, BUT YOU HAVE TO READ THE POSTS ONCE YOU FIND THEM!!!!SEARCH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts