The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rather new here but have really been wondering if it is possible to change my automatic trans Altima into a Manual trans. I've attempted to do my own research but have come up empty handed and then stumbled upon this so if anyone could help with an answer please do.馃槄

Registered
Sure, almost anything with passenger cars is possible. But this swap is not really practical as the number of parts that you will need to swap won't be worth the effort IMHO. Much, MUCH easier just to sell the Altima and buy a different car that is factory equipped with a manual. You're not the first person who's thinking about doing this with a 5th gen Altima - you won't be the last.

Registered
Possible? Yes it is possible, with enough money spent on the project.

Probability of you doing it and being successful? Slim to none.

Before you start this project, take a few pictures of your car, so you can show people what it looked like when it was last able to be driven.

Registered
[QUOTE="

Before you start this project, take a few pictures of your car, so you can show people what it looked like when it was last able to be driven.
[/QUOTE]

I needed a laugh on a day like this even though it was at the expense of an earnest inquiry by a first time poster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts