The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the rear defroster automatically turns off about a certain time? I drive in SoCal area... maybe the temperature warms up and it turns off? :O

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
It's timed. Will auto shutoff after 15 minutes or something like that.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Does the rear defroster automatically turns off about a certain time? I drive in SoCal area... maybe the temperature warms up and it turns off? :O
Wouldn't it be amazing if the car manufacture, in this case Nissan, would include with the car....say like in the glove box....a packet of books that had information about the very car you purchased?

If they did something like that, a person could look in that booklet and find out information...like this from 2-28 Instruments and controls,

To defrost the rear window glass and outside mirrors (if so equipped), start the engine and push the rear window defroster switch on. The rear window defroster indicator light on the switch comes on. Push the switch again to turn the defroster off.

The rear window defroster automatically turns off after approximately 15 minutes.

CAUTION
When cleaning the inner side of the rear window, be careful not to scratch or damage the rear window defroster. The top and bottom few rows of wires on the rear window are not part of the rear window defroster system. These wires make up the antenna for the audio system.

·
Not an unregistered user
2,282 Posts
Every car I've owned did this.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Wouldn't it be amazing if the car manufacture, in this case Nissan, would include with the car....say like in the glove box....a packet of books that had information about the very car you purchased?

If they did something like that, a person could look in that booklet and find out information...like this from 2-28 Instruments and controls,

To defrost the rear window glass and outside mirrors (if so equipped), start the engine and push the rear window defroster switch on. The rear window defroster indicator light on the switch comes on. Push the switch again to turn the defroster off.

The rear window defroster automatically turns off after approximately 15 minutes.

CAUTION
When cleaning the inner side of the rear window, be careful not to scratch or damage the rear window defroster. The top and bottom few rows of wires on the rear window are not part of the rear window defroster system. These wires make up the antenna for the audio system.

DUDE !

OH SNAP !

Did he just go there ?
I think he did ...

I freaking LOVE this guy !

Throck , if you ever come to west central Fl look me up.

The beers or whatever are on me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts