The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
The Slow and the Stupid
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a quick search and didnt find a definitive answer or list of parts. I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of parts that we could use on our cars for future reference so that it would be all in one place. If you guys could fill in the missing info and offer up any that you have that would be great. Links on more information about the part, swap, or where to buy would be very helpful also.

Last Updated: June 21, 2006

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART.................................................YEAR / DONOR.................FITS ON

SUSPENSION / BRAKES
End Links (rear/front)..........................(90-97) Miata...................93-01
End Links (rear)..................................(99-05) Miata...................93-01
Parallel Link Bushings...........................(89-94) Maxima................93-01
Big Brake Parts (Brembo Upgrade Kit)......(02-up) Spec-V.................93-01
Front Control Arm Bushings...................(95-99) Maxima................93-01
Front Sway Bar Endlink Bushings............(95-99) Maxima................93-01
Front Sway Bar Bracket Bushings...........(95-99) Maxima................93-01
Front Lower Subframe Bushings.............(95-99) Maxima................93-97
Swaybar Endlinks................................RacingLine.ca...................93-01
Top Mount Adj. Camber........................Sentra, NX, 200sx.............93-01
2 Pistons Calipers................................(93-97) Bluebird Attesa......93-01
2 Pistons Calipers................................(xx-xx) Q45.....................93-01
4 Piston Calipers..................................(90-96) 300 Z32..............93-01
Spec-V Wheels....................................(02-up) Spec-V...............93-01
Springs..............................................(xx-xx) 280zx...................97-01
Hubs front(5 lug conv.).........................(89-94) Maxima................93-01
Hubs rear (5 lub conv.).........................(95-99) Maxima...............93-01
Struts................................................(95-99) Maxima...............93-01
Ball Joint...........................................(95-99) Maxima.................93-01
Bushings(control arm)..........................(95-99) Maxima.................93-01
*Tie Rod Ends....................................(xx-xx) 240sx...................93-01
*Control Arms....................................(95-99) Maxima.................93-01
*Hubs..............................................(95-99) Maxima.................93-01

TURBO
Turbo Manifold...................................(xx-xx) 240......................93-01
Injectors 370cc..................................(94-up) Q45.....................93-01
Fuel Pump.........................................(94-up) Q45.....................93-01

ENGINE
Motor Mount Inserts............................RacingLine.ca...................93-01
KA24DE (Altima 98-01)........................(98-01) Altima..................93-01

TRANNY
Flywheel...........................................(xx-xx) 240sx....................93-01
*Clutch............................................(xx-xx) 240sx....................93-01
*Pressure Plate..................................(xx-xx) 240sx....................93-01

INTERIOR
Steering Wheel Hub............................(95-99) Maxima..................93-01

*This part or donor car not confirmed yet.
LINKS / NOTES

Top Mount Adj. Camber
--Ground Control

Miata End Links
-- (Rear) Possibly only from the Miata 99-04 only or 05. You should check into this before buying the links for your car.

Maxima Energy Suspension Paralell Link Bushings
--Nissanclub.com FAQ
--Nissan Courtesy Parts
--Suspension.com

5 Lug Conversition
--Pictures
--Additional Info.

Big Brake Parts
--Fastbrakes.com
--
boddole said:
It has been brought up that the valving of the master cylinder in the Altima wouldn't suit the 300zx calipers well, which would leave you with brakes that lock up easily. The Spec V brembo kit (you need to specify the Spec V brakes as the brembo kit, because the Spec V base model brakes aren't much better than Altima brakes, but the Brembo upgrade kit rules) is a good match for our master cylinder, and is the better choice, especially since it bolts up. The only downside is the size of the caliper (it limits the rims you can go with, cause there aren't many rims that clear the caliper), and that the 300zx calipers look soooo sexy.
Front Lower Subframe Bushings
--Note: Refers to front lower crossmember

Swaybar Endlinks
--RacingLine
--Endlinks are made from strong and durable "hiem joint" rodends. Guaranteed to out last and out perform your cheap stock units.

Wheel Hubs
--
TAZ said:
As far as the hubs...... I have heard that although everything seems to be the same, one critical part isn't. The outer spline on the maxima axles are "appartly" larger as the maxima have more tq. This slpine willnot match up to the altima axle. Altimas do however have the same transmission as the 95-99 5spd max. depending on dimensions ( vehicle width) it may be possible to use the max's axles to solve this.
--
Cadillac Rancher said:
Anybody who wants to know how and what parts to use for 5lug/bigger brakes, see my recnt post in the wheel/tire forum called 5 lug theroies dispelled. As for the axles alti to max are the same 93-1 alti and 89-99 max, you just have to compare apples to apple, correct side, transmission, abs or not, and lsd or not. there are a bunch of differant comvos based on tranny type, brake type, and diff type. But My post throughly explains how/why the 5lug works and what you need to do it.
Struts
--This isnt really a swappable part technically but is an option for the more ambitious. Thanx to 3391 he has brought to the attention of the Nissan community that Koni is willing to take your stock strut and convert them into Koni struts at any length you want. HERE for more information.

Motor Mount Inserts
--RacingLine
--Inserts are made from high quality polyurethane and are designed to reduce unwanted engine movement.

Maxima Control Arms
--See this post #9 in this thread

Steering Wheel Hub
--For use with aftermarket steering wheel.
--Brands to look for: Sparco, Momo
--Cardomain.com (Momo Hub)

2 Piston Calipers
--Infiniti Q45 2 piston calipers require modified rotors.
--Fastbrakes.com

4 Piston Calipers
--300 Z32 swap requires a modified an Ininiti Q45 modified rotor.
--Fastbrakes.com

Bushings (control arms)
--FAQ

LINKS AFTERMARKET
*Here are some links to aftermarket parts for the 93-01 Nissan Altima.

GENERAL PARTS
Andy's Auto Sport

TURBO
Turbonetics / Fmax

INTERIOR SPECIFIC
The Neon Edge
--Has some cool gauges, neons, l.e.d. kits, and pillar gauge mounts for the Altima.

ENGINE
--The Nissan Altima 2nd Gen (98-01) engine can be swapped into the first gen.
--
bobdole said:
Altima KA24DE will work in the 93-99 Altima, but you have to reuse your old intake manifold on the 00-01 KA.

Information Provided By But Not Limited To:
Red Lion
Xx0ET640xX
Taz
bobdole
cadillacrancher
pimp2perfection

·
its all over...
579 Posts
taz said:
why would someone buy miata endlinks when they can buy mine :D
Taz one day when I get some dough I'll be buying yo stuff.
(right now Im in my first sem of college and theres nothing in my fridge). :D

·
DRUNKEN WIKI TERRORIST
1,445 Posts
rice ramen sketti thats all i've got unemployment sucks but hey 300 a week sitting on my ass aint that bad

·
RLR is here
6,078 Posts
Energy Suspension 95-99 Maxima Front Control Arm Bushings, Front Sway Bar Endlink Bushings, and Front Sway Bar bracket bushings, as well as ES 95-03 Maxima Front Lower Subframe (Crossmember) bushings. check www.suspension.com

Xx0ET640xX said that 240SX tie rod ends will work. That opens up a lot of aftermarket possibilities (which I'm going to install them one day).

Also, if I recall correctly, 2nd gens can use 95-99 Maxima STB's.

I remember that Bowzer used Maxima front struts, but they were a little long.

Lastly, since the control arms are practically identical from a Maxima I would assumption that they are swap parts and/or the ball joints could work.

DON'T FORGET we have the KA24DE, so most of the parts from a 240SX KA will work on ours, including most internals as well as Fuel Rail and a few other externals.

·
The Slow and the Stupid
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ramen noodles suck after 9 months. Dont ask me how I know. :flip: :squint: :lol:

Thx Red for the helpful info. Matter of fact alot of info I've gathered lately has come from threads you created or were in.

Taz, I checked out your site and decided to add your products to the list of parts. The list is now a swappable/aftermarket list of products for you 1rst/2nd Altima. Whats up with the deadlinks on your site? :p

Note: List Updated.

·
The Slow and the Stupid
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red Lion: Could you give us more info on the control arms, and also do you know if it it possible to swap the Altima's hub out with another car (hopefully a 5 lug hub)?

·
RLR is here
6,078 Posts
Osiris said:
Red Lion: Could you give us more info on the control arms, and also do you know if it it possible to swap the Altima's hub out with another car (hopefully a 5 lug hub)?
As far as I can tell, the control arms are identical. Check out this pic of a Maxima control arm (and ball joint):

and this one from an Altima:

Not only do they use the same bushings, they appear to be identical. Though no one has tried it yet, I would assumption that you could simply swap control arms or at the least buy ball joints from the Maxima for our control arms.

As for the 5-lug swap, well, people have talked about it, but no one has done it yet. I plan on testing this out sometime next year. Considering that basically the entire front end of the 95-99 Maxima suspension can be swapped with the Altima, I would guess that Maxima 5-lug hubs can be used. Let's look at the facts:
identical control arms, including bushings and endlinks, and possibly even ball joints
Maxima front struts fit the Altima knuckle, which btw also appear identical.
similar wheel offset

I'd say they have the greatest chance of working. I'm not sure yet what would need to be swapped, besides hub, brake rotors, and wheels. Matter of fact, when I take my parts car from my 5-speed swap to the local junkyard, I think I am going to try to trade it for a complete Maxima set of "swap parts", including 5-lug hubs f/r, "rear disc conversion", rotors, and possibly wheels. Assuming the damn junkyard will give me that much for my parts car :rolleyes:

·
The Slow and the Stupid
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thx Red. Good info and a great lead on which donor vechicle to look for when trying to buy/swap better frontend parts on your car. The Altima must be almost indentically built to the Maximas b/c not only do the front end parts seem to be the same but some of the interior dimensions are very similiar. For example: The 01' Maxima's pillar trim piece is the exact same length as my aftermarket pillar 3 gauge pod piece. Leading me to beleive that the non-auto seatbelt Altimas (94-97) could use that when looking for either pillar mounted gauge holders or replacement ones with the stock tweeter location. Will add your info to the not confirmed list.

Come on guys, I need you guys to help fill in some of the blank spots and x's.

·
Chillin
2,971 Posts
Good info.

·
RacingLine Guy
5,846 Posts
Osiris said:
Taz, I checked out your site and decided to add your products to the list of parts. The list is now a swappable/aftermarket list of products for you 1rst/2nd Altima. Whats up with the deadlinks on your site? :p

Note: List Updated.
The only time I have to work on it is on weekends, hopefully all the nissan stuff will be updated and running with paypal button by monday. The I just gotta start all the other cars!

As far as the hubs...... I have heard that although everything seems to be the same, one critical part isn't. The outer spline on the maxima axles are "appartly" larger as the maxima have more tq. This slpine willnot match up to the altima axle. Altimas do however have the same transmission as the 95-99 5spd max. depending on dimensions ( vehicle width) it may be possible to use the max's axles to solve this.

But even if it worked, you'll need to figure out what to do withthe rear. You'll look dumb with 4 lugs in back a 5 up front.

·
DRUNKEN WIKI TERRORIST
1,445 Posts
hmm i thought the ball joints on are cars could not be replaced. i tried to order some from the dealership and they kinda just scoffed at me.

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
MADMIKE said:
hmm i thought the ball joints on are cars could not be replaced. i tried to order some from the dealership and they kinda just scoffed at me.
they may not carry that part or are willing to order it for u.

·
DRUNKEN WIKI TERRORIST
1,445 Posts
hmm maybe. i would think it just would need a press to install. i have a rip in my driverside ball joint and i would rather get a bj then a new control arm

·
RLR is here
6,078 Posts
taz said:

But even if it worked, you'll need to figure out what to do withthe rear. You'll look dumb with 4 lugs in back a 5 up front.

thanks for the info there Taz. Good to keep in mind. I'm going to go check out a junkyard Maxima this coming week, just to get an idea. I don't have money to attempt any swap just yet, but I can at least get some info for you guys.

PS The altima has the same transmission as the Maxima INTERNALLY but the bell housings are not the exact same, I believe they have different bolt patterns. Makes sense when trying to bolt up a Max trans to the VQ engines vs Altimas to KA's.

More stuff to add, 240SX flywheels work, and I guess the clutches/pressure plates work as well.

Also, Maxima steering wheel hubs for aftermarket steering wheels fit the Altima (Momo Hub).

·
The Slow and the Stupid
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Red, which year Maxima steering wheel hub will work? I was just talking about replacing my steering wheel today, so this would be most helpful.

·
because hondas suck!!
2,178 Posts
brakes upgrade
JDM Bluebird Attesa 2 piston calipers
Infiniti Q45 2 piston calipers(w/ modified rotors)
Z32 4 piston calipers (w/modified Q45 rotors)

parts for turbo:
Q45 injectors, fuel pump

1 - 20 of 171 Posts