The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This might be a silly question but I was wondering...
Aren't the side power windows of the Nissan Altima supposed to clear when you roll them down and up? Say you have moisture collected on the windows... no matter if I roll them up or down, none of the windows rub against the rubber strip and all the moisture droplets stay as they were, it doesn't clear.

I have a Nissan Altima SL 2015.

I just thought that the windows would clear at least a little if I rolled them all the way down and all the way up.

Registered
2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 Base & 2001 Nissan R50 Pathfinder SE 3.5 4X4 MT
Your window defroster should be able to clear your windows for you. Just warm up your car and then hit both defrost bottoms. There should be one for your front and another for the rear.

Registered
I think the OP is referring to rain on the outside of the windows. If so then no, rolling down the window will not neccessarily clear the window.

Registered
The rubber strip on the outside of the window is not there for getting the water off. On some cars it is closer to the window so you can do it.

Registered
Rolling windows for outside water particle has been hit and miss with me. I usually wax my windows, which will bleed the water particle sticking on these windows. A good wax even deters the ice build up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts